20. You are so pathetic it's pathetic!

Cassie took a sip from her cup of coffee as she browsed through the morning paper. She was  sitting by the kitchen table in the rays of the morning sun and she sighed heavily.

No matter how hard she tried to absorb the news that covered the pages in front of her, she couldn’t for the life of god push last night’s events from her head.

She closed her eyes and cursed. Damn it!

It had been a struggle, and she had tried so hard to forget about Billy, and their time spent together by the lake, during these last weeks that had gone by, that she had been certain that she had indeed succeeded.

Then an utterly stupid thing like last night had to happen to make her aware that she had not been successful at all. Not one tiny bit! She felt like a fool.

Everything, her memories and her feelings, had come flooding back at her with the force of an avalanche on the loose.  A small whimper slipped at the corner of her lips as her hand slowly moved down over her stomach.

Once again he had successfully made her a quivering mess and she had to admit to herself that she wasn’t just feeling like a fool, she WAS a fool.

She was a married woman who had feelings for another man. Gah!

She looked up to see Brad enter the kitchen. He did not look too well.

“Hung-over?” she asked silently.

He nodded and made a grimace as he poured himself a glass of water.

“Your boss sure was generous with the alcohol, “ he mumbled after taking a big gulp, “I think we emptied a bottle of tequila,” he made a brief pause to think, “  . . . well, it could have been two.”

Cassie shook her head and pretended to read. It most certainly must have been two bottles of the stuff!

It had taken both Theo and Billy to carry him out to their car she recalled, both of them having a hard time keeping their laughs at bay as his body had been more than limp. She should really be angry with both of them, at Theo for making Brad so completely blind drunk and at Billy for making her feel the way she does, but she couldn’t.

Well, she could not be angry at Billy anyway, at Theo maybe a little.

She glanced at Brad from the corner of her eye. He was thankfully not aware of what had happened last night. She breathed a sigh.

The heavenly treatment she had been given behind the locked door in the bathroom, had really made a lasting impression on her, and she was still sore from it. A hint of a smile crept over her lips.

Billy’s words, whispered to her during their lovemaking, with his deep and sensual voice, still lingered in her head. Damn him! It was like he knew what words to say to turn her on even more. She felt a tingle in her lower parts.

“I think I got a little too drunk. . . “ Brad mumbled and emptied another glass of water, “Nice dinner though.” He moved over to take a seat by the table opposite Cassie. He slumped down and gave her a questioning stare.

“Do you know for how long you will be gone? Will there be a raise of your salary?”

Cassie shook her head. “No, and I don’t know.” The tingle disappeared.