39. HE IS

Music video above:   'He is' by GHOST

Six months later.

Snapping his cufflinks shut and then straightening his shirt out, Theo took a moment to assess the man looking back at him from the mirror. He was a handsome devil and a dominating man in every sense of the word, but as he the moment later glanced to his side to connect his gaze with Lisa's, he felt significantly humble.

Never in his life would he have thought of her as his savior. But she was, in more ways than one. Giving her a twitch of the corner of his lips, meant as a smile but just a shadow of it, he thought of the way she had prevented his fortune to fall in the hands of his now ex-wife.

"You ready?" she hummed and reached out to him to adjust his tie on his otherwise perfect appearance. His Kiton K-50 suit doing him justice as always.

Putting her in charge with the company accounting was the smartest move he had done in a very long time, but even though he the first day had been afraid he'd made the biggest mistake of his life, she had just one week later on the job proven her worth of a huge raise of her salary.

Seeing irregularities so cleverly hidden in the books, so that it even had slipped Theo's scrutinizing eyes, Lisa had effectively put his worries to rest. That in itself had resulted in numerous dismissals as well as arrests of a few of the personnel. Grinning inwardly, he realized that Lisa was becoming more valuable to him than he had ever dared to believe.

Then of course there was that fortunate evening when he against his normal routine, of always working late, decided to quit early, just to be able to spend some more quality time with her, and he by cheer accident, and luck, came home and walked in just as the young and physically fit poolboy was balls deep inside of his wife on their couch in the living room. Well if that isn't cliché, nothing is!

During the nasty and tedious divorce that had followed after that, Lisa had proven to be even more useful to him. Theo was amazed that she was the shrewd and intelligent woman that she actually was. Where the lawyers had failed, she had found a way to save most of his fortune from the greedy claws of his wife.

He glanced down on Lisa as her fingers gave their last touch on his tie, the smile now reverent and showing more clearly.

"Looks like I am now, " he told her and took her slender hand in his and guided it up to his lips to put a soft kiss on her knuckles, the soft smile turning into a content smirk as he gave her a wink of his eye.

The sensation from their lovemaking ten minutes ago still lingered inside of him, and he felt yet another a twitch in his cock as he thought about her splayed across the desk in his home study. Should he feel guilty about that? He became brooding and his smirk faded as he with trepidation thought about Williams's mother who had passed away five months ago. The love of his life.

Tears emerged unbidden in his eyes and were threatening to spill so he swallowed hard to avoid such a dreadful thing to happen. He would rather be skinned alive than be caught crying. Being the powerful and rich Theo Hollander came with a price, and right now he damned that to hell. If he had been alone this moment, he would have bawled his eyes out, no doubt.

She, William's mother, had been so happy when he had told her that William was about to get married and become a father and she had looked forward so much to attend the wedding and to see the little miracle that was their grandchild. Unfortunately life had other plans. Just weeks after he had told her, she had been diagnosed with cancer, and it had been an exceptionally aggressive form of it.