21. Damn the need for oxygen!

Her eyes strived to follow the pattern of the wallpaper she saw in front of her. It was a plain looking wallpaper, and she guessed the color on it was a mix between the brightest yellow she could imagine and the purest white.

But somehow, it did not matter how hard she tried to concentrate on seeing something that wasn't there, the reason to why she wanted to distract herself kept doing a loop in her head anyway and it made her clench her fists so hard they turned the same shade as the wallpaper.

Cassie held her breath so hard she started to lack oxygen. She was not used to feel this upset, or angry for that matter. It was actually so bad she could feel and hear her blood pump in her ears.

In fact, the whole revelation of the matter that she in fact could be this furious, made her feel slightly nauseous.

As she thought about it some more, that other feeling that had risen inside of her, that made her see red, a feeling she had not felt before, ever, that feeling felt even more awful than the others. It was like she was becoming the she-devil.  

She reluctantly breathed out. Damn the need for oxygen.

And damn that curvaceous and beautiful bitch Pamela.

Cassie stared straight ahead as she tried to calm down, then she looked at her watch and shook her head.

An hour had gone by now since they had arrived at 'her' so called apartment. Cassie snorted. Penthouse should be a more accurate description of the place. It was just too much. Really.

She clutched her hands hard together and squirmed in her seat on the sofa, from the kitchen she could hear Pamela and Billy argue loudly with each other.

Needless to say, both of them had been more than flabbergasted when seeing Pamela in the penthouse as they arrived, both of them knowing that all of their plans for a proper welcome went down the drain with the speed of light.

As she sat there listening to Billy's and Pamela's verbal fight in the kitchen, she had some trouble deciding what she in fact was really angry about; the missed opportunity for a proper welcome, or the fact that Billy had never bothered to tell  her about Pamela?

After a few seconds more dwell on the subject, she decided that neglecting to tell her about Pamela was worse.  She bit her teeth together and breathed hard through her nose. Yes, that really pissed her off!

AND the fact that Pamela  almost clawed her eyes out the moment she  stepped into the apartment, AND thrown in her face that she was Billy's 'old lady' , that also pissed her off big time. Not that Cassie knew shit about what an 'old lady' was, but considering Pamela's reaction it  seemed to be a very big deal.

Suddenly Billy came barging out from the kitchen with a grim look on his face.

"We are not discussing this any further, OKAY?" he growled under his breath as he turned his face and looked back at Pamela who came close behind, "I am giving you a ride home."

Pamela stopped dead in her tracks and gave him a mock stare, her hands at her hips.

"Do I look that stupid to you?" she spat out and then turned her head and pointed at Cassie, "Send that bitch back to the main land instead. She doesn't belong here."

"Watch your mouth, Pam!" Billy snapped as he held a finger of warning up for her. "You are way out of line now. . ."

 He walked over and squatted down next to Cassie, taking her hand in his.

"I am so sorry, Cassandra, " he said in almost a whisper to her, his voice very contrite, "I will just take her back to the club, then I will come back here. Okay?"