24. Yes, there is a God!

Warning! Mature content!

The immediate silence that followed was overwhelming to say the least, and if a pin would have fallen, it would have made a loud echo as Cassie stared with a stunned expression at Billy.

Leaning back and forth in front of her, Billy really had no idea which foot to stand on, and the fact that his heart rate had speeded up several beats didn't make the matter any better.

What had he said really?

He swallowed a few times as he stared with fear at Cassie. He had no clue what so ever how to interpret the way she stared back at him and the look she had on her face.

In fact, he had never feared anything more than this in his entire life. What if she didn't love him back? Could he ever move on from that?

Closing his eyes for a second it felt to him like time stood still as he waited for her to say something.

He opened his eyes and looked back at her, daring a small smile at her, her beautiful eyes returning his look in total surprise.

"WHAT?" she finally huffed out, shaking her head slowly like she could not believe it herself, "My God Billy, do you realize what you are saying?"

He chuckled softly as he too shook his head; his eyes sparkled like black diamonds as he gave her a smoldering gaze filled with lust and desire.

"You want me to say it again?"

Cassie blinked and she felt her heart leap up her throat. God, she would love to hear him say it again.

"No . . . I mean . . . uhm, maybe " she stumbled on her words, " YES!"

Cassie could feel her skin prickle as he bored his eyes into hers. Could this really be happening?

She knew that she had fallen completely in love with him, and there was no use in denying that.

"You are going to make this hard, aren't you?" he asked with a husky voice, a smile remaining on his lips as he reached for her and encircled his arms around her waist, pulling her close, then his hands moved down, skimming her thighs outside her skirt.

Damn, this man affected her like nobody else. Every fiber in her body reacted to him. Just the look alone that he gave her was enough to make her erupt.

"Eh . . . Yes, " she whispered and shrugged her shoulders just a little, "Because I don't know if I heard you right."

Despite his nervousness and fear of being rejected, Billy let out a hearty laughter.

"Oh, but you did babe!"

Cassie felt his arms back around her waist, the closeness to him making her tremble deep inside. She nodded slowly.

Billy gave her a grin as he leaned back and studied her.

"So, you want to hear me say it again, huh?"

She laughed slightly and nodded again, letting him pull her back.

Before answering her, Billy tilted her chin up and brought his lips onto hers. Cassie moaned silently as her mouth was welcoming his. The kiss was long and deep and left her breathless. When it broke, she leaned against him, her arms around him, now, too.

"I should feel guilty about wanting to hear it," she mumbled.

"Ah, the husband," he nodded.

She closed her eyes, breathed him in. "He's never said that to me. He's never even kissed me the way that you do."