28. beautiful

point of view of Y/N

This man will be the death of me. What was he thinking doing that? I swear.

I pull out my phone and begin to text Stacey to rant.

-

text messages (Stacey on left, Y/N on right)

Stacey, you busy?

Never busy enough for you.
What's up?

I and James kind of got in an argument.

About?

He pulled a stupid prank on me.
He taught me how to shoot a gun not too long ago and to see how well I'm progressing, he scared me with a mannequin.
Probably not believable, but oh well. Best I got.

Okay, I can see why you're mad.
Probably scared the shit out of you.
What happened after the argument?

I called him crazy, which he hates being called.
After the argument, I stayed in my room.
He later kicked my door open because I was ignoring his knocking.
He then threw my favorite snack at me.

I-
He kicked your door open?
Sounds a bit abusive and scary.
Giving you snacks though is cute.

Not the point.

But it was, wasn't it?

Yes, ok? It was.
Anyway.
It was scary. Don't worry though. He's not abusive.

On a good day.

Maybe talk to him about how you feel.
Don't be indirect about it. Maybe he genuinely thinks he did something good. Bright side is that you know you can shoot someone if needed. Like if the Joker tried to come after you again.

Yeah.

He hasn't, right?

Nope, haven't seen him.

Good, because I'll cut his dick off if he tries anything again.

I'm grateful haha.

Anytime muah <3
Go talk to James about how you feel.

He's not a very good person when comes to talking about feelings and stuff.

Too bad.
I don't care. Go go go.
He could be your future husband, so makeup.
Kiss and makeup if you want to ;)

Girl if you don't calm down.
Ttyl, Stacey

Love you lots lmao

end of conversation

-

Future husband? No thank you. Anyway, let's go get this shit over with.

3rd person point of view

Y/N comes out of her room and goes to the couch. Joker looks up at her, "need something? Coming back to call me crazy again?" He asks with a complete attitude behind it.

"I wanted to talk about what happened earlier." She sits across from him.

"What about it?"

"I don't like what you did with putting me in that situation of having to kill a man. I would like an apology if I'm being honest."

He laughs a little, more of a Joker laugh than a genuine laugh. "An apology? Alright, girly, I'm sorry. Happy now?"

"I'm serious."

"Woah, so scary." He cracks up.

"I don't even know why I fucking tried." Y/N gets up and turns around to go to her room.

He grabs her wrist, "Calm down, don't get your uh panties in a wad."

She sits back down, waiting for him to apologize.

"I'm genuinely sorry for what I did. Ok?" He states with a somewhat sincere tone of voice.

"Thank you. I apologize for calling you crazy." She apologies as well.

After the apologies, they just sit quietly. Joker, like a child, begins to fiddle with random things. Y/N watches him and begins to chuckle at his childish habits. He looks up at her and smiles, a gentle, genuine smile. And like that, as if it was written in a book, their two lips met. One smaller and soft, the other painted in scars.

The moment felt perfect, everlasting, neither of the pair of lips wanting to separate, any bad memories forgotten in this moment.

Slowly, so he doesn't startle her, he places his hand against her back and pulls her closer. The other hand of his is placed on her thigh. Y/N just lets him take the lead, as she enjoys the moment. Picking up the pace, he moves the hand on her back to under her and picks her up, without any struggle, then places her back down on his lap, facing him.

For a moment, they take a break from kissing and rest each other's heads against each other. Y/N looks into his hazel eyes and puts her hand against his cheek. He closes his eyes, soaking in the moment. She rubs her thumb softly against his scars. His eyes quickly open and he looks at her. She's focused now on the permanent smile of his. His instinct was to stop her but he relaxes and puts down his guard. "Your scars are beautiful." She quietly says to him.

"You are beautiful." He replies.

Y/N gently kisses his forehead and rests her head on his shoulder. Joker changes from speeding up the pace to slowing down, wanting to just hold her. He wraps his arms around her and holds her. "Let's stay in this moment forever," Y/N suggests.

"I'll do everything I can to make that happen."