20 ~ I'm sorry

"Okay, first question: did he harm you?" Gordon asks Y/N, with Joker sitting beside her.

Memories and thoughts flood back into Y/N's head as she recalls everything she had been trying to forget about since she left that hellhole.

Y/N's POV

'I take a deep breath and respond," why should I be scared of a psychopath who kills for no reason and hides behind face paint?"
He snickers, then brushes his hair back with his hand. "You know what-"
He takes off his glove. As the glove falls to the floor, he throws his hand back ready to slap the shit out of me, but then stops right in front of my face. Instead, he grabs my face and gets right in front of it. "You just answered your own question, girly.'

He didn't hurt me.

'I reach for the door knob and twist it open. I sling the door open and try to run, but it was too late. His hand reaches around the front of me and puts his hand over my mouth. He yanks me back, with strength I didn't think he possessed. He throws me back into the room and slams the door shut. He walks towards me, I'm on the ground. I know better to stay on the ground. "I was being nice to you, ungrateful shit."
He walks toward me, his footsteps echoing throughout the room. I closed my eyes, expecting the worst to come, but all I felt were cuffs being hooked around my ankles.'

He didn't hurt me.

'Once they get there, he pushes me out of the van. I fall onto my knees, but quickly get up when Joker grabs my hair. He walks me upstairs to my room. I  go inside of it, scared and nervous. "I like you, but am really wanting to kill you." He leaves the room and slams door shut, also locking it.'

He didn't hurt me.

"No, he didn't. He shoved me once or twice, but never hurt me. Well he never physically hurt me, but he'd do things that scared the living shit out of me. I hated it there. Living in constant fear while I was there." I reply to Gordon's question, obviously shaken up from remembering everything.

"You still alright to keep going?" He asks. I nod in response. "Ok. I'd like to ask how you were taken and how you got away."

"Well, he robbed the bank. At first, Joker just had a clown mask on and was the only quiet one. When I was forced to open the safe, he dragged me along. Then he killed the last clown, after all the cash was loaded, and climbed into the back of a school bus with me. I ended up passing out; I was so scared. The part of getting away is the weird thing. I didn't escape. Me and him made a deal that if he were caught, arrested, killed, etc, I'd be free to go. The only thing is that he said he'd get me back. That's why I have James living with me now. For safety reasons."

After I say the last few sentences, explaining the deal, Joker places his hand on top of mine. "Well I'm glad you have someone taking care of you, but you could have just talked to the police." Gordon states.

"What could the police do? I know you're here hoping that I can help you with finding him after he escaped Arkham. You hoped I'd know about a hide out or something. The only one I know about is the one I was trapped in."

"We already raided it and arrested all the goons there," Gordon sighs, "That's all the questions we have right now. If you need anything, Miss Y/N, please contact us."

"Mhm, got it."

The GCPD soon leave after getting back in their cop cars.
I sit there, on the couch, quietly. As I do nothing, Joker searches the couch to make sure no bugs were left. "Well, I think they bought it. Who's the clown now?" He laughs at his joke, "Great job sticking to the story." He pats me on the back and begins walking to the kitchen, taking off his face mask and beanie.

I stand up quickly, "I'm sick of you! I'm fucking sick of you! I just said everything about how you put me through a living hell and yet you don't have any remorse! Do you not understand? How many times do I have to say it?" I yell at him.

He turns and backhands me hard in one quick motion. The pain from the slap seems to spread all the way from my face to the bottom of my feet. "You're fucking crazy." I keep going on, obviously not the wisest decision to do.

"I'm not crazy." Joker replies.

Joker slowly takes a few steps towards me. The mood of the room darkens and the same fear I used to have is back. I back up away from him but soon am stopped from moving any further by a wall. I feel shivers run up my spine as the Joker approaches. I puts one of my hands up in front of me, "Joker, I'm sorry. I apologize. You're not crazy, now please calm down."

He pushes my hand down and grabs me by my hair. I am pulled to him and he puts his lips right by my ear. His scars rub up against me causing me to shake in fear. "Don't act all tough, then beg for mercy. It's really pathetic." He whispers.

I'm then thrown to the ground by Joker. He begins laughing, first quietly then gradually louder. Joker takes a few steps back and runs his fingers through his hair. I curl up on the ground. The laughing stops and Joker's voice deepens back into his crazy, psychotic voice, "get up." He demands. I continue to lay there, knowing nothing good will come from me getting up. "Listen to me!" He pushes me over into her back, with his boot, then straddles my waist. "Don't act like I've done bad things to you for no reason. Every time I have done things it's because you have, uh, provoked me, girly." He brushes his hair back with his hand.

"I apologize..." I tell him, still trying to calm him down.

"No, no, no. No you're not. You think I'm a mad man, a crazy man. I'm not."

"Then why have you done all of this?! Why did you try to tear Gotham apart?"

"I want to show the world, sweetie, that even the best man, like Harvey Dent, is just like me. Deep down everyone is like me. Everyone can be dragged down to this level of craziness, if I use your vernacular." He drags out the ending 'r' sound. I don't reply to him, mainly, because I wouldn't know what to say. "I'm not crazy though," He pulls out a pistol and puts it against my forehead.