19 ~ Stacey!

"Now while I'm gone, don't do anything stupid. Alright? Behave." Y/N tells Joker-like he's a child being left at home alone for the first time.

"Yes, ma'am." Joker replies.

"If you're going to go out or something, here's some money." She hands him a total of $125 dollars.

Joker takes the money, "thank you, girly."

She sighs and leaves for work. He puts the money in his pocket and starts sewing his vest together. After a few hours, he finishes the vest.
(I know it probably takes way more time but hey this is a fan-fiction. Logic doesn't really exist here lol.)

He packs the vest, the dress pants, and button-up shirt into a backpack he found laying around Y/N's apartment. The outfit all together is a green button-up shirt, purple vest, and purple pants.

He puts on a face mask and walks back to the abandoned building that held Y/N captive and his goons hid out. Joker approaches the building, seeing no cops. He gets inside the building and walks up the stairs to the third floor. His fingers run along the wall, feeling the old paint. He opens the door to the room where Y/N was once held and looks inside. "I guess you're right. It is a bland ass room." Joker mumbles. He walks into another room and shuts the door behind him. He takes a couple of steps around one area until he hears a creak in the floorboard. He gets on one knee and pulls out a knife. The knife is used to push a floorboard up to reveal stacks of cash, a pistol, three small bottles of face paint, and a flip phone. He grabs all the items, putting them in a bag, and quickly leaves.

Y/N, currently, is sitting at her desk worrying about what the Joker is doing. "Stacey, I need help." Y/N turns her chair towards the lady.

"What's up?" She asks.

"I have this new... roommate... and he's-"

"It's a he? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Stacey, calm down. Also, no. He's not."

"Do you want him to be?"

"What? No."

"Then why else are you living with him?"

"First off, he's living with me. Secondly, he needed a place to stay for a while until he can get back on his feet. Then he'll finally be out of my house and out of my life."

"Why do you sound like you don't want him there?"

"Because I don't. He's rude and, not lying, he's crazy."

"Isn't everyone a little crazy?"

"Not his level of crazy."

"Is he cute?"

"Stacey, that's not the point!"

"So he is," Stacey says with a smirk.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to strangle you one of these days."

"Give him a chance. He's probably not as bad as you think he is. He's probably like an onion; he has several layers. You got to get through the layers even though it might be hard."

"You need to stay off of Pinterest."

They both laugh a little and get back to work. While working, Y/N does think about what Stacey said and thinks, 'but he's a murderer, a criminal, a thief, a psychopath. How can I give that a chance?'

Over the phone, a few hours later, Joker talks business with some of his goons that weren't caught. "Harvey Dent is what now?" Joker asks, sitting down on the couch of Y/N's apartment.

"He's dead, boss. Apparently got tackled off a ledge by Batman at the place his girlfriend was killed. He was about to kill Gordon's son. When he hit the ground, it was over for him." The goon answers.

The Joker doesn't reply. All the goon hears is something being shattered. "I'm going to have to, uh, call you back." Joker hangs up.

The noise the goon heard was Joker throwing a lamp at the wall. Joker stands up and kicks over the end table next to the couch. Y/N unlocks the apartment door and sees Joker wrecking up her living room. "Hey! Stop!" She yells at him. Y/N grabs him by his arm. "Stop! Calm down."

He raises his hand about to hit her, but stops and lowers his hand. He walks around the room, starting to laugh a bit. His fingers run through his hair, as he turns around and looks at her. "What the hell are you laughing about? You are breaking my furniture!" She asks angrily.

"Sh, Sh. Stop, dollface," Joker puts his hand over her mouth, "oh, I love the sound you make when you shut up." Y/N rolls her eyes. Joker takes his hand off her mouth. "I'll be out of your hair soon."

"Don't touch me." She mumbles.

"Heh, what are you going to do if I do? Hmm? Who's really in charge here?" He asks.

The knife from his pocket is removed and put against her lips, by the Joker. He keeps her head still with his other hand. "You-" Joker's sentence was cut off quickly because of a knock at the door.

He lets out a frustrated grunt and lets her go. "Go answer it." He orders Y/N, as he puts on a face mask and throws his suit along with his bag in her room.

From outside of the front door to her apartment, a male voice states, "This is GCPD's, Commissioner Gordon. I would like to ask you a few questions, Miss [Y/N][L/N]."

Joker knows he can't leave the apartment and risk getting seen running off. It'll be too obvious. Y/N looks at him, wanting to see what he will do and how he will react. To her surprise, you can see by his eyes, he's smiling. She doesn't understand why; she thinks about how he's so close to getting caught right now yet he's smiling. He walks into Y/N's bedroom, while Y/N opens the front door. "Hello, sir, what can I help you with?" She asks Gordon, who has two other cops with him.

"We had been keeping track with your boss about your disappearance since you were taken by the Joker. He told us you were back in the office, working, and you were back to normal. I would like to ask you about what happened during your time with Joker, as long as you are comfortable talking about it." Gordon replies.

"Oh okay, I'm fine with that. Come on in. Sit on the couch."

The group all relocate to the living room space to sit down. "Before we start, is there anyone else in the home with you?"

"Uh."

"Yes, there is," from the bedroom, emerges Joker with a beanie on along with the face mask, "Hello, I'm Y/N's roommate. Name's James."

Y/N turns to look at Joker, like oh my god what is wrong with you. "Oh, didn't say she had a roommate on record. Anyway, my name is James, as well, but I go by Jim." He stands up to shake Joker's hand.

"Sorry, sir, I would shake your hand, but it's winter and I have a cold going on. I don't want to get you sick and you have to take off of work."

"Yeah, that's why he looks like a cheap commercial doctor." Y/N laughs.

"I don't care if I get you sick, Y/N, so shut up." Joker replies.

"So tell me about your relationship." Says Gordon.

"Well, we had been talking online for a while, before she was taken by that.. fucking crazy clown.." Joker's voice goes into an angry tone, acting. He takes a deep breath and continues, "before she was taken. I worried sick about her while she was gone. Once she was back, I insisted on moving in with her until she felt safe again."
(Don't let strange people who you've only known for a short while, especially people you met off the Internet, come stay with you)

"Yeah. James has really been here for me and I appreciate him a lot." Y/N adds.

"You guys have a good bond going on. Are you comfortable with him being here for the questions?" Gordon asks.

"Everything I'll answer, James already knows about. He's been the one I've confided in." Y/N replies, turning her head towards Joker.

"Okay, first question: did he harm you?"