39. the end

8 years later

In Gotham, a new villain rains terror upon the city. Bane.

At the entrance of Blackgate Prison, a couple of Tumblers, exactly like Batman's batmobile, park along the entrance. On top of one of the tumblers, stands Bane. Citizens, reporters, and other people stand and watch the man as he begins to speak.

"Behind you stand the symbol of oppression. Blackgate Prison, where a thousand men have languished under the name of this man, Harvey Dent, who has been held up to you as the shining example of justice!" Bane begins a speech.

He reads a letter written by Commissioner Gordon, stating how Harvey Dent was a murderer and Batman innocent. He reads the letter of Gordon stating he can no longer live with this lie and that Gotham should know the truth.

Ha, ha, ha!!

"We take Gotham from the corrupt, the rich, the oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity and we give it back to you, the people. Gotham is yours. None shall interfere, do as you please."

One of the tumblers with Bane shoots at the entrance of BlackGate Prison, creating a massive hole for Bane's followers to raid and release the prisoners.

The city of Gotham erupts into chaos as citizens begin fighting and belongings are thrown into the streets.

-

Loud shouts and screams echo in long hallways. People in gray jumpsuits run through halls, while security guards and people in scrubs chase after them.

In the middle of all the chaos is a man with long, curly hair, watching the TV. Laughter comes from him as he watches what the new villain caused throughout the city of Gotham. "Commissioner's stuck in a pickle," he cracks up.

"Joker, time to go back to your cell!" A big security guard approaches him, baton ready in hand.

The Joker looks around at the screaming inmates of Gotham's Arkham Asylum, then back at the guard. "You're worried about me right now?"

He stands up from his fold-up chair, "Uh... Daniel, I've suddenly got this huge whiff of inspiration so if you don't mind, I will be checking out now." The Joker suddenly grabs the chair and repeatedly beats the guard with it.

After the guard is on the ground, the Joker continues beating him then once the guard stops moving for a few seconds, he stops. "That's going to leave a mark. Apologies, Peter." He makes up a new name for the guard as he grabs the baton from his body.

He steps over Peter-Daniel's body and walks straight through the chaos. He gets almost to the main lobby when another guard approaches him, baton raised. The Joker lifts his baton with both hands on the ends and shoves it several times into his nose, causing blood to spill from the guard's nose.

He grabs the guard and slams him into a wall, head first. The guard falls down the wall onto the ground, unconscious. He walks to the lobby where new patients are checked in. More guards soon run at him.

-

Groans soon fill the room as guards lay on the ground in pain. The Joker walks out of the asylum with little speckles of blood on his patient uniform. He sees the van that brings food to the asylum and walks towards it.

The door is left wide open and the engine is still running. The Joker helps himself to the van and drives off. He gets to a red light and reaches into the back for a tray of food. He sits back down in the driver's seat and eats while driving.

He stops at a small clothing shop outside of Gotham and ends up stealing some new clothes so he no longer was wearing his bloody uniform.

-