34. news anchor

As the sun rises in Gotham, spray-painted logos of the Clown Prince of Crime start appearing over town. Several streets start becoming stained in purple and green. The face of the Joker becomes frequently seen throughout the city.

Steadily, people in Gotham are losing hope and Gotham itself is falling into chaos. Due to Joker easily calling out government officials' corrupt secrets, tearing down a person who was supposed to be Gotham's White Knight, and causing innocent people to decide whether or not they will kill others for their sake, Gotham is losing its hope in GCPD, the government, and the Batman.

People are turning away from each other and to the Joker, along with other villains, for answers. Crime rates are slowly beginning to skyrocket through Gotham as the people become less controlled. Some of the citizens of Gotham are starting to be followers of Joker, thinking he's the best for them. These are the people painting Gotham in purple and green.

-

The door of Gotham's most popular news station broadcasting is kicked in by goons. Each goon raises a gun and aims at workers and news anchors, while the Joker walks through the middle of them. He walks up to the table where two news anchors are sitting, completely terrified. "Good morning, Todd," he brushes his hair out of his face, "you look lovely, Susan, as always."

He nudges news anchor, Todd, out of his chair and replaces him in the seat. The Joker clears his throat and taps the microphone in front of him, "testing... perfect," He turns to Susan, "continue."

Susan looks at the clown then at the camera crew and Todd. They motion for her to do what the Joker wants. Susan nervously begins reading the script for the daily news. The Joker watches her intensely, just to make her nervous. When she's finally done, she has gotten to the point where she's visibly sweating due to the stress she's been enduring.

The sight of her being so nervous causes the Joker to laugh at her. "Susan, Susan, no need for all the drama," he grabs her face and gently pinches her cheeks, "you can get up now. I wouldn't mind you staying though. It's nice to have such a beautiful woman sit next to me."

Susan quickly gets up and walks as fast as she can to the crew without tripping in her heels. The Joker turns to the camera, "before I begin, GCPD if you try to come here and make another attempt to catch me, this building and everyone, even lovely Susan, will be blown to smithereens." Slowly, he pulls back his jacket coat to reveal several bombs attached to him. "Anyway, dear citizens of Gotham, I appreciate the little, uh, kindergarten leveled works of art dedicated to me, but that's not want I want. I'm just the match that ignited the fire, not the fuel that keeps the fire going. The corrupt city leaders and other people I've brought down were the fuel. I just gave the fire, Gotham, a little push. Since I gave you the spark, burn, baby, burn."

The Joker looks into the camera, directly. "Let me tell you something, people of Gotham, about what makes me who I am," he licks the corner of his mouth, "I just do what I want. You know those god-awful people who talk on their phones obnoxiously in the subways? Everyone wants to just strangle them or push them in front of the train, but they don't. But I would. Gotham, none of you are the goody two shoes you think you are, so embrace who you actually are." He stands up and walks off the platform.

"Boss, do we kill them?" One goon asks the Joker while pointing a gun at a security guard who came in.

He walks up to the security guard and looks him up at down. He grabs his gun out of its holster and his taser as well. "No," he begins walking off and while doing so, he stretches his arm back and tases the guard, "but we will do that." The guard falls to the ground in pain due to the volts of electricity flowing through his body.

The Joker and the rest of the goons walk out of the news station. Outside, there are several police cars, but they aren't going in. They are all standing behind the doors of their cars, guns ready if needed. Commissioner Gordon uses a megaphone to talk to Joker from a distance, "put your guns and explosives on the ground! Or else!"

The Joker tosses a gun on the ground, smiling.

"Why is the bastard smiling?" A police officer says to another.

In the background, tires squeal, and metal hitting metal sounds are made. An 18-wheeler turns onto the street, shoving other cars out of the way by hitting them. The driver speeds up, heading right towards the cop cars that block Joker's escape. "Shit! Everyone get out of the way!" The Commissioner yells, motioning for everyone to run away from the cars.

Soon, the 18-wheeler makes an impact with the cop cars. The side door opens and the Joker and his goons hop inside. The Joker looks at the Commissioner, laughing. He waves to Gordon as the 18-wheeler drives off. Gordon throws down his megaphone out of stress and anger. "That son of a bitch got away again."

-

The people of Gotham fall deeper into the loss of their way of normalcy. Right after they began to lean off of the government and the police department and onto the Joker and his way of life, they were thrown right back off.

Until the Joker is caught or Batman takes back Gotham, Gotham may never return to normal. Gotham will continue to suffer through the major identity crisis it is facing until someone steps up and rescues it.

Even though the majority of Gotham is struggling, some have found their way of life becoming a darker path. Crime rates are skyrocketing more than ever. People have begun to dress up as Joker or make their own symbols and commit low-level crimes that Joker would be ashamed of doing. The new criminals and their crimes are the opposite of the class of criminal Joker wants to give Gotham.

-

The Joker goes inside [Y/N]'s apartment and immediately heads to her room to lay down with her. Awkwardly, he climbs into bed with her, trying not to wake her. He lays on his side and gently puts on arm around her, stomach resting against [Y/N]'s back. Their breathing unconsciously becomes synchronized and the Joker soon falls asleep.