6 ~ How about alive?

3rd Person POV

"Yo, Gambol, somebody here for you. They say they've just killed the Joker." One bodyguard states.

"They brought the body." The second bodyguard adds on.

Gambol, the American mob leader from before, stops playing pool. The bodyguards get handed a trash bag, shape of a body. They carry it onto the pool table and set it down. A few men walk into the room, the men who brought the body. Gambol walks around the pool table and stands beside the bag. He tosses off a part of it, that hides Joker's face. Joker lays there motionless, looking lifeless. Gambol looks at the body for a second then walks around a third body guard over to the front of the pool table, standing in front of the men. "So, dead, that's 500." Gambol says.

Joker's body sits up quickly. The men who brought the body grab the bodyguards and put guns to their heads. Joker turns Gambol around and puts a knife into his mouth. "How about alive? Hm?" Joker asks.

Joker puts his mouth beside Gambol's ear and asks another question," Want to know how I got these scars?"

He looks over to the corner of his vision for a second then looks back over to Gambol. "My father was... a drinker... and a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that... not one bit. So me watching... he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says: 'Why so serious?'"

Joker licks his lips and continues his story," he comes at me with the knife. 'Why so serious?' He sticks the blade in my mouth. 'Lets put a smile on that face.'" Joker does a little smile.

He licks his lips,"And..." he looks at one of the bodyguards," why so serious?" He slices Gambol's face, from the inside.

Gambol immediately falls to the ground, Joker letting go. Joker tears off the garbage bag and gets off the pool table. "Now... our operation is small... but there is a lot of potential...," Joker walks around the pool table over to the cue sticks and picks one up,"... for our aggressive expansion. So which one of you fine gentleman would like to join our team? Oh. There's only one spot open right now, so we're gonna have...," he snaps the cue stick in half, by bending it over his thigh,"... tryouts."

He tosses one of the halves of the cue sticks in the middle of the three bodyguards. "Make it fast." Joker demands.

They all stare at the cue stick, then each other. Joker walks out.

About a few hours later, Joker returns to the abandoned building, where [Y/N] is at. He unlocks the door and goes in. [Y/N] is looking out the window. "Stop. There's no point of looking outside. You aren't leaving anytime soon." He tells her.

"I'll get out sooner or later." She insists.

"Who's going to save you, Miss [Y/N]?"

"Batman! Or the GCPD (Gotham City Police Department)! Then once they find me, they'll put your ass in jail!"

He laughs quietly, but not a laugh where he finds something funny. He's mad. He grabs her hair and pushes her against the wall. He slicks his hair back with the free hand. "Girly, you need to know how to shut up." He states.

He throws her onto the ground and puts his shoe on her back. He leans over a bit. "I've tried to be... nice... to you. I really have." His voice gets deeper.

She's doesn't move, cause she's scared out of her mind. Her flips her over onto her back and picks her up by her shirt. He pushes her against wall. "You scared of me? Is it the scars?" He tilts his head.

"I'm not scared of your stupid scars!" She Yells in his face.

He closes his eyes and smacks his lips together then licks them. "Not the scars, hmm." He mumbles and lets go of her.

She quickly backs away. He exits the rooms and locks door behind me. She thinks to herself: Harvey Dent and Batman will save me. Batman will contain Joker and Harvey Dent will make sure Joker goes to jail.

A couple hours later, one of Joker's goons walks in and hands her food. She knows it a great time to escape right here and right now. "Is Joker here?" She asks the goon as she takes the food.

"No, why? You like the boss?" He replies with an answer and a question.

"Just asking."

"Ok."

She hugs him, out of nowhere. He is like what the hell is happening. She grabs the keys to the chains, and his gun. She hits him hard in the head with the bottom of the gun, also known as the magazine well. He falls to the floor, curling up. She unlocks the chains' locks and runs out. She keeps the gun at her side, but keeps the safety on. The goon's vision is blurry and he can't see too well for a few minutes. By that time, [Y/N] finds an exit to the building, surprisingly not guarded. She gets outside and has no clue where she is.

She speed walks to the nearest person she can find, on the sidewalk. "Where is a bus stop? Or a map?" She asks.

The stranger just points down the road. "Thank you." [Y/N] replies.

She runs down the street, until she finally gets to a street side map. The goon called Joker and told him everything. The goon will probably be killed later, but for right now Joker and more goons drive around looking for her. Joker is incredibly ticked off. She sees two big men, looking for someone, gun's tucked in their belt. She quickly starts running, which wasn't smart, but it was instinct. The men notice and begin chasing her.

The results she got about where she was wasn't pleasing. The map showed that she was in the East End, which is an area in Gotham known for its crime.

The men are fast, but not fast enough. One of the men calls Joker," we found the girl. She's running pretty fast though. She's currently running on Raines Dr, it's about to connect with University Blvd." The goon states.

"Keep chasing her.." he hangs up and licks his lips.

He throws his phone down into an empty seat. "Go as fast as you can!" He tells the driver directions," if you have to run people over, so be it!"

She continues on for a few minutes, but then runs into an alley and climbs over a fence. She climbs down and is about to run out, when Joker and a big van is waiting there. "Shit.." She grunts.

"Shit is right." He pushes himself up off the van and walks towards her.

He grabs her by the back of her neck, and pretty much drags her in the vehicle. He throws her in the back and gets in. The driver starts driving back to the abandoned building. Joker sits in a seat, death staring [Y/N] the entire ride there. She has never seen him this serious.

Once they get there, he pushes her out of the van. She falls onto her knees, but quickly gets up when Joker grabs her hair. He walks her upstairs to her room. She's goes inside of it, scared and nervous. "I like you, but am really wanting to kill you." He leaves the room and slams door shut, also locking it.