13 ~ One Rule

The man is no other than the leader of GCPD's major crime unit, Gordon. Once the Joker is thrown off, Gorden points his gun at him. "We got you, you son of a bitch."

Joker drops his knife, it falling beside him. Gordon walks over to the armored van and opens up the back, looking at Harvey.

"Gordon.. you really do like to play things close to the chest." Harvey states.

"We got him, Harvey." Gordon reaches his hand out to him.

Once Joker is taken to the police station, he is detained in a holding cell. He sits there still, hands together. They took his jacket, along with all his knives. Gordon walks into the room, yelling orders at people to stand away from the cells. "I don't want anything for his mob lawyer to use, you understand?"

The mayor walks up to Gordon, "back from the dead?"

"Couldn't risk my... family's safety." Gordon replies.

"What do we got?"

"Nothing. No matches on prints, DNA, dental, clothing is custom, no labels. Nothing in his pockets but knives and lint. No name. No other alias."

"Go home, Gorden. That clown will keep 'till morning. Get some rest. You're going to need it. Tomorrow you take the big job. You don't have a say in the matter, Commissioner Gordon!"

The room erupts into applause, celebrating Gordon's promotion. Once the clapping quiets down, there's still one clapping, Joker.
Gordon goes home to his family who is surprised that he's alive.

Back at the station, one man is thrown in Joker's cell, complaining about how he doesn't feel good. Joker is soon put into an interrogation room and hand cuffed. Gordon comes back to the station and asks if Joker has said anything yet, but they just shake their head no. He goes into the interrogation room and walks towards Joker. "Evening, commissioner." Joker says.

Gordon sits down in a chair across from Joker and looks at him. "Harvey never made it home." Gordon states.

"Of course not."

"What have you done with him?"

"Me? I was right here," he puts his hands up, cuffs bounding them together," who did you leave him with? Your people? Assuming, there are still your people and not Maroni's (Maroni is the leader mob gangster from a previous chapter or two). Does it depress you, Commissioner? To know how alone you truly are? Does it make you feel responsible for Harvey Dent's current predicament."

"Where is he?"

"What's the time?"

"Why does that matter?"

"Well depending on the time, he could be in one place or several."

"If we're going to play games, I'm going to need a cup of coffee." Gordon says, as he stands up and takes off Joker's handcuffs.

"The good cop, bad cop routine?" Joker asks.

"Not exactly." Gordon leaves the room.

The lights suddenly turn on and Joker's head is slammed into the metal desk from behind. A man in a black suit, Batman, walks around to the other side of the desk. "Never start with the head. The victim gets all fuzzy and won't feel the next-" Joker begins to say but is interrupted by Batman slamming his fist into the top of Joker's hand.