9 ~ Tables Turned

3rd Person POV

Joker never shows up that night for dinner, so [Y/N] just assumed he was coming tomorrow. She goes ahead and sleeps in the uncomfortable chair, I mean either that or the floor.

The next day, [Y/N] wakes up. She feels like she has slept longer, but again she has no clock. A goon comes in the room," Lady, you're having lunch with the boss." The goon states in either a New York type accent or a Boston accent.

"Alright. What time is it?" [Y/N] asks.

"Around time for him to come in. I'm about to put a table in here, so don't be tryin' to escape."

"I won't."

The goon drags in a fold out table, then sets it up in the middle of the room. He also sets up two fold out chairs as well. "Excuse me, but do you know what we are eating?" She asks another question.

"I think he said [F/F], but I don't think it's gonna be a 5-star version, sweetheart." He answers.

"I don't think it will either."

The goon soon leaves, then a little bit after the Joker arrives. [Y/N] is already sitting at the table, messing with the cuticles of her fingers. He walks over to the table and places a plastic bag, full of carry-out boxes, with plastic forks and plates on top. "Good afternoon." He licks his lips and sits across from [Y/N].

"Hello, so it seems you picked lunch instead." She states the obvious.

"Seems so. I was busy late night doing some business."

"What kind of business?"

"What I said I would if the Batman didn't take off his little mask."

She just nods and takes the items out of the bag. She opens up the boxes and smells the smell of her [F/F]. She smiles slightly and begins digging into the food. He watches her eat at first, then opens his carry-out box. It has shrimp inside. He begins eating, still keeping an eye on [Y/N]. "Do you like it?" He asks.

She looks up, with a mouth full of [F/F] and nods. He just stares at her. "You look like a damn chipmunk, chew your food." He insults, but in a joking manner.

She finishes chewing, then swallows. "You can't judge me, grown man wearing clown makeup." She replies with a comeback.

He leans back in his chair, causing the front two legs to tip upwards. He peels the shrimp and eats them. [Y/N] tries to lean back like he does, but the chair slips out from under her and she falls back. He laughs at her failure. "Screw you, failed makeup guru." She slightly laughs along with him.

"Get up and finish your food." He continues eating.

She does, when standing her back pops. She makes a tiny grunt and picks her chair up. She sits back down then continues eating. "After this, lets play a little game." He says.

"It's not like I have a choice, but why not. What game is it?" She asks.

"Ever heard of War?" He puts emphasis on war.

"The card game, yeah."

After they finish eating, he places a card deck onto the table and begins to shuffle. She watches him, thinking damn I just move the cards around and deal. He deals the cards evenly between the two of them. "Alright just to refresh the rules and how you play: Each player turns up a card at the same time and the player with the higher card takes both cards and puts them, face down, on the bottom of his stack. If the cards are the same rank, it is War. Each player turns up one card face down and one card face up. The player with the higher cards takes both piles, which would be six cards. If the turned-up cards are again the same rank, each player places another card face down and turns another card face up. The player with the higher card takes all ten cards, and so on." He explains.

"I know, I know. Let's play." She says, impatiently.

They keep their cards in their hand, facing down. Then they flip the top card over, placing it on the table. [Y/N] has a 6 of diamonds and Joker has a 10 of spades. He takes the two cards and places them under his desk, faced down. They continue that for about a minute or two, then they get a war because of two 3's. They place three cards on the table, facing down. They place their fourth card on the table, facing up. Joker has an ace, but [Y/N] has a Joker. She bursts out laughing. "I beat you with your own damn trademark!" She doesn't stop laughing.

Joker is the highest card, but there's only two instead of four in the deck. Normally the ace is the highest unless you play with joker cards. Joker himself sits there looking like he would strangle [Y/N], but he doesn't. "Looks like the tables turned, clown face." [Y/N] states as she calms down.

"Whatever. Take your cards and keep playing." He tells her.

She grabs the cards and places them at the bottom of her deck, facing downwards. They continue the game, until someone runs out of cards. Joker does win at the end, but [Y/N] still had fun. "Well I should go now. Enjoyed the game." He says.

She nods and replies," I did too. Bye."

He leaves the room, locking the door behind him. She smiles with happiness, the card game was quite fun and she honestly didn't mind if they played again..