14 ~ I just want my phone call

Y/N stares at the goon. "He got caught?" She asks.

"That's what I said." The goon replies, a bit sassy.

"How?"

"He was arrested and brought into the police station. Some of our inside men told us about it. It's crazy, man. I never thought that crazy son of a bitch would ever get caught, to be honest. Anyway, come on. Let's go."

The goon motions for her to come on. She walks toward him, slowly, somewhat thinking it's a trap. The goon escorts her out of the building. "Find your own way home. Here's a couple bucks." The goon tells her, giving her a twenty-dollar bill.

Y/N nods and the goon goes back inside.

Y/N's POV

I can't believe it. He's actually locked up. I'm free. I've been wanting to be free for so long! I should be happy... but I'm really not. For some reason, I'm not. I've spent the last however long cooped up in that small room, wanting to go home desperately, and now that I'm finally able to leave, I don't want to. Why? I don't get it. I just need to go home.

3rd Person POV

Y/N walks over to the street and tries to wave down a cab. One pulls over for her and she's gets in. "Where to?" The cab driver asks.

"Uh, [Y/A], please." She replies.
(Your address)

The cab drivers pulls back into the road and drives to her apartment. "$25.83 is your total." The cab driver turns around and looks at her.

Y/N looks at the money. "I only have $20, sir. I apologize."

"I swear to god, you people taking cabs need to stop cheating us!" The cab driver is ticked off obviously.

Y/N throws the money in the front seat and runs to the front door of her apartment. The cab driver drives off. She gets the spare key hidden inside of the porch light. "Thankfully you're here." She sighs and unlocks her apartment.

She goes inside and goes straight to the bathroom to shower. Y/N turns the water on and steps inside. Steam fills the bathroom. She zones out for a bit while showering. 'I'm home. Yet it doesn't feel like it. I feel lonely if that makes sense. Why does it matter if it makes sense? It's my mind, no one can read what I'm thinking. I feel more lonely here than there. I always knew Joker would come back after a while and goons would come in and check on me. I knew I wasn't alone. Ugh, I feel pathetic. Do I really have no social life? The closest to social contact is a serial killer, psychopath, thief guy who is named the Joker. That's just sad.' She thinks in her head.

She finishes her shower and sits in the living room. "I should probably call my boss." She thinks out loud as she lays on the couch, turning on the tv.

All kinds of news about Joker being detained is spreading fast. She sighs and turns off the television. Y/N gets up and goes to her room, laying in bed and instantly falling asleep.

Back at the police station, Joker is sitting on the ground in the interrogation room. "I want my phone call," he states," I want it. I want my phone call."

He looks up at the officer standing by the door. "How many of your friends have I killed?" Joker asks.

"I'm a twenty-year man and I know the difference between punks who need a little lesson in manners and freaks like you who just enjoy it. And you killed six of my friends." The Officer replies.

Joker mouths the word six. The man who earlier thrown into Joker's holding cell is still complaining about how his insides hurt. He falls backward and cops call for a medic.

"Do you want to know why I use a knife?" Joker asks.
"Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the little emotions. You see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So, in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did," Joker licks his  lips and looks back at the officer," would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

The officer takes off his jacket. Also currently a medic is examining the man. The medic lifts up the shirt of the man to reveal a huge scar and a huge block looking object inside of him.

"I know you're going to enjoy this. I'm gonna to have to try to enjoy it more." The Officer tells the Joker, as the Joker cracks his neck.

The officer steps to Joker rolling up his sleeves, ready to fight. Let's just say the next thing that happens is that officer is brought into an office space with other officers, Joker holding him hostage with a piece of shattered glass to the officer's neck. Joker holds one of the officer's arms back behind his back. The other officers raise their guns. "Drop the weapon!" They shout several times.

"What? Sorry?" Joker pretends like he can't hear.

"What do you want?"

"I just want my phone call."

They look at Joker like he's absolutely lost his mind. They toss Joker a phone and he begins to dial a number. As the medic is examining the man, the block-shaped object inside of him begins to ring. It's a phone. The whole room explodes, causing other rooms to go with it. Everyone is thrown to the ground, except Joker. He looks around at everyone, as papers and different items are flying around the room.

Joker walks through the station to the other holding cells. He walks to the Chinese Mob Boss's cell, grabbing the keys to unlock the cell. The Mob Boss's Name is Lau. He was the man the Mob was communicating with through the television before Joker interrupted. He was caught and brought to the station. Lau told basically told on the mob; he's a snitch. "Hello there," Joker says.

Meanwhile, Joker's little game went the way it was supposed to go. Harvey and Rachel were at two different warehouses, strapped to bins of oil, with a bomb set to blow in minutes. Joker told Batman their addresses but lied about who was where. Batman took off for Rachel, but when he got there it was Harvey. He got Harvey out, but Harvey got burned on one side of his face. Gordon and other officers went to the one Harvey was supposed to be at, but they were too late and Rachel was killed.

Gordon watches as firefighters put out the fire. A cop approached him and tells Gordon the news that Joker escaped. "With Lau?" Gordon asks," the Joker planned to be caught; he wanted me to lock him up there!"

Joker hijacks a ride in a cop car and puts his head out the window, like a dog.

Harvey Dent awakens in a hospital bed, the next morning. Dent instantly cries, knowing that if he's still alive, Rachel isn't.

Y/N gets up in the morning and watches the news. "He's a credible source; an M&A Lawyer from a prestigious consultancy. And he's said he's waited as long as he can for the Batman to do the right thing. And now he's taking matters into his own hands. We will be live in 5 with the true identity of the Batman." A news anchor states.