33. fido

The two of them, [Y/N] and Joker, lay in her bed, Joker holding her. She turns on her side to look at him. For a moment, that's all she does, look at him. Finally, she speaks, "will you ever stop being the Joker?"

He looks at her, not knowing what to say. Honestly, he hasn't even thought about it. The Joker sits up and slowly lets go of her.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked about that," [Y/N] apologies.

"Get some rest, girly," he stands up and leaves the room.

[Y/N] sits in her room quietly. Meanwhile, the Joker looks out the window to see if Commissioner Gordon returned to his spying. The answer is no. Quickly, he gets ready and puts on his iconic outfit and face paint. He dials a number on his phone then makes a short call. Soon, a van is outside the apartment for the Joker to ride in. Once he's in, it takes off.

The entire ride is silent except when the Joker gave the goon driver the address of another government official. When they arrive at the official's home, goons along with the Joker enter. The Joker is completely focused on this task, deciding to overly focus on this so he's unable to think about the question [Y/N] asked.

-

Gentle slaps make an impact with the government official's cheek, attempting to wake him up. When it doesn't work, the slap turns gentle to forceful. The official wakes up finally and breathes heavily, due to fear. The first thing he sees is a red smile looking back at him. "Looks who's finally awake," the Joker smiles and grabs the man's hair, "smile for the camera, Mr. Clark."

"Camera?" He looks around confused and behind the Joker, he sees a camera sitting on a stand, "fuck's sake."

The Joker grabs the camera off the stand and zooms in on the man's face, laughing. "You look scared, Clarky," the Joker grabs his hair and says in a darker voice, "you should be." The Joker lets go of his hair and zooms out slightly. His demeanor returns to the playful side of the Joker.

"Let me go, please," the official begs, "you want money? I'll give you money."

"And I thought I was the clown," the Joker chuckles.
"I don't care about money, especially your money. Do you, uh, know why you're here?"

The man shakes his head, almost about to cry, "I just want to go home and be with my wife."

That statement causes Joker to crack up, "your wife or your escorts? You're a dirty, dirty man, Clarky."

"Let me go!" The man cries out.

The Joker laughs and encourages the official to scream and yell. Suddenly, his mood changes again and he yells back, "enough!" The Joker walks around the man, filming him.

Joker turns the camera around to face himself and pulls out a notepad. He begins reading off corrupt crimes this government official has committed. Once finished, he looks at the camera, "at least I don't cover up my crimes," He says in a teasing way, "anyway, enough about Mr. Clark."

The Joker sets the camera down on the floor and the next thing heard is a thud. Afterward, the camera is picked back up and is facing the Joker. "So how did the Gotham City Police Department like my little deliveries around town? I bet newly appointed Commissioner Gordon loved it. How many people did you bring in?" The Joker laughs at Gordon's failed attempt to catch him, "catch me if you can, Commissioner." Right after he dares Commissioner Gordon, he stops the recording.

-

In the morning, the government official's body is discovered. The body was left at a bus stop bench, dressed in a dress an escort would wear. A knife is stabbed through his heart along with a piece of paper with all crimes this official committed. The footage the Joker filmed was sent to several Gotham news stations and soon the video is everywhere.

"Sir, why does he do this shit?" A cop turns to face Commissioner Gordon.

Gordon examines Government Official Clark's body and tells the officer, "he wants to tear Gotham down to simple chaos. Besides that, I'm assuming he does it for his entertainment."

"Sick freak."

"That's an understatement."

"Sir, there's something you need to see," another cop motions to a nearby electronics store.

They both go inside and the cop shows Gordon the video Joker filmed that's currently being broadcasted on different news channels. Gordon watches and rubs the side of his face. The cop stands beside Gordon and reassures him that they'll catch "the son of a bitch."

-

The Joker gently rubs [Y/N]'s arm until she wakes up. Tiredly, she tells him "hey" and smiles at him.

"Good morning," Joker helps [Y/N] sit up since she's tired.

She notices that he's in his business attire, but no face paint. "Are you getting back from work?" She asks him.

He nods, "yes."

"Do I want to watch the news?"

"If you want to," he adjusts the way he's sitting and looks at her, "I have a, uh, somewhat answer to your question."

Her full attention is now on him, as she waits for him to give her his answer. "The answer is I don't know. Once people finally understand and recognize how dark the world really is and the spirit of Gotham is broken, I may stop. Either that or I'll stop when I get bored." Was this exactly the truth? No, but he doesn't want to tell her that.

"You don't have to stop. Just promise me you won't get caught," [Y/N] replies briefly.

"I promise, Ms. Stockholm." He says playfully.

"I will slap you."

"Do it. You know I love a little fight."

She rolls her eyes and pushes his forehead back. He grabs her wrist after he's pushed and kisses her hand. After a few kisses on her hand, he playfully bites [Y/N]'s hand. "Calm down, Fido," [Y/N] laughs.

He looks into [Y/N]'s [E/C] eyes for a little bit then tells her, "thank you, girly."

"For what?"

"For not hating me and for being nice."

"You don't have to thank me for that ever," she pulls him close by grabbing his shirt gently. For a split second, she gets nervous and flustered, but she gets over it and kisses him.

"I'll wait for you," [Y/N] whispers to him.