30. purple rose

[Y/N] and Joker spend the rest of the afternoon together, watching random things on tv. Once again, Joker has to carry [Y/N] to her room and tuck her into bed.

-

The next morning, Joker is gone when [Y/N] wakes up. After what happened yesterday, she's not entirely surprised. [Y/N] thinks to herself about Joker, while making a quick breakfast.

The two of them constantly are either at each other's throats or having a relaxing, friendly moment. Besides having a dead body in her living room and getting threatened from time to time, [Y/N] has enjoyed having Joker at her apartment.

A knock is heard at her front door. She quickly tries to fix her hair some before opening it. Slowly, she peaks her head out before fully opening the door. Standing there is Commissioner Gordon. "Oh, morning, Commissioner." [Y/N] opens the door fully.

"Hello, [Y/N]. May I come in?" Gordon asks.

[Y/N] nods, "absolutely."

Gordon comes in and [Y/N] panics a tiny bit forgetting if any face paint or Joker's suits are laying around. "Please sit," she motions to the couch, "let me clean up a bit. I wasn't expecting visitors."

"It's alright, take your time," Gordon replies.

[Y/N] grabs any clothes lying around and throws them in her room. She goes into the bathroom and hides the face paint under the sink. She quickly hurries back to Gordon. "So what's up, Commissioner?" [Y/N] asks.

"I'm assuming you saw the news yesterday of Joker's latest victim," Gordon says.

[Y/N] nods, "yes, sir. What about it?"

"I wanted to firstly check-in and see how you are holding up. Secondly, I wanted to ask if Joker has made any contact with you since yesterday?"

"I'm doing fine, Commissioner. No need to worry. And the Joker hasn't."

Gordon adjusts his sitting position and looks at [Y/N] for a bit. "I don't want to call you a liar, Miss [Y/N], but you previously said the Joker would get you back. You say he still hasn't yet, but the Joker never doesn't do something he says he will do."

"Well, I don't know what to say. He just hasn't, sir. Maybe he finally is giving me peace and leaving me alone, I don't know. Maybe he's bored of me and just doesn't bother."

"Where's James currently?"

"He's a grown man, I don't ask where he goes in the mornings."

"You said he stays here to keep you safe so why isn't he here?" Gordon asks.

"As I said, he's a grown man. Plus, he's here as a roommate too, not just a security guard." [Y/N] states.

"Miss [Y/N], please relax."

"You are interrogating me, Commissioner. You're interrogating me, an alive victim of the Joker. If I knew anything, I'd tell you."

Gordon nods and stands. He walks to the door and opens it, then looks back at her. "Ma'am, I would like to put a protection unit around your apartment. Just in case."

"I'll be fine, Commissioner Gordon."

He sighs and goes to his car. Once he's in the car, [Y/N] closes the door to her apartment. She grabs her phone and checks if she has any new messages. She peeks outside through the window and Gordon is just sitting in his car. "Ugh, that idiot better be careful." She mumbles, referring to Joker.

Meanwhile, the Joker has been driving around with a few goons. "What's the mission, boss?" A goon turns to Joker.

"Where do women like to go for uh... let's say a Valentine's night out?" Joker asks.

"They like restaurants. If you are wanting to get to know a girl, then I suggest going out to eat." Another goon replies.

The Joker nods then stands up in the van. He looks down at his watch, "alrighty then. Time to get to work."

Joker gives an order for them to head to a nearby bank where local government officials store their money. When they reach the bank, goons, along with Joker, basically shoot the inside up. They harm no one, except security. Their only goal was to get in, destroy all computers, and get out.

Commissioner Gordon is called to alert him of Joker spotted at a bank. Although he wants to catch the Joker, he stays, wanting to know if the Joker is James.

Joker and his goons manage to get away from the bank without being caught. [Y/N] constantly looks out of the window, checking to see if the Joker is here yet. In the background, she has the news playing. She pulls out her phone and dials a number. The phone rings and rings, no answer. [Y/N] keeps calling and after several attempts, there's an answer.

"Miss me so soon, girly?" The Joker's Joker voice asks.

"Are you on your way back?" She asks, ignoring his question.

"Depends. Why is that important?"

"Commissioner Gordon is parked outside my apartment and he won't leave. He came and was basically interrogating me about you. I think he knows."

His voice darkens, "Did you tell him anything?"

"Of course not."

"That's my girl. I'll be back soon." He says before hanging up.

[Y/N] lays on the couch and waits for him.

The Joker, before going back to [Y/N]'s apartment, buys a motorcycle with cash and changes clothes, along with washing all face paint off. He also stops at a store to buy something.

When he pulls up to her apartment, he gets off the bike and takes off his helmet. Underneath, he has a gaiter on to hide his scars. He slightly jogs to the door, acting a bit excited to be back. He gets to the door and unlocks it with his own key. When he walks in, he looks back at Gordon's car and shuts the door.

[Y/N] gets up from the couch and goes to Joker. He pulls down the gaiter and runs his hand through his hair. "You must have really missed me," he says in his actual voice.

[Y/N] smiles a little, "shut up."

"I have something for you," he pulls a purple rose out of a bag and hands it to her, "tonight is Valentine's and I may have reserved a table at a very nice restaurant."

Her smile gets big and she takes the rose. She leans her head on him, "a legal reservation? That's my boy." She laughs a little. Her eyes meet his eyes, "thank you."

He nods slightly in place of saying you're welcome, "go get ready, girly." Gently, he pats [Y/N]'s head.