17 ~ Housing issue

Rain pours down from the night sky, puddles beginning to form. The setting only fits the situation, as if it were arranged to do so. Footsteps of heavily armed men stomp through the puddles. They are approaching the Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane, with a man in a strafe jacket. They push the man forward. "Don't you think this is a tad bit unnecessary? I mean, how bad am I really?" The man laughs.

They escort the man inside the asylum. The man's faded green dyed hair is soaking wet and in his face. The armed men take the man towards a desk. "The Joker is here for his check-in." One of them state.

"We will take him from here." A lady at the desk says.

Masked guards approach and grab the Joker. "I'm not really the one being man-handled, jeez." Joker is dragged off.

Joker is escorted through the asylum, taking in every detail of the layout of the building. He looks at all the cells as he passes by, memorizing who's where. Soon, he arrives at his cell and is thrown inside. "I think I deserve, um, a cleaner suite." Joker says.

"This isn't a hotel, freak." A masked guard states.

"But isn't it? I'm not here permanently. Just a few day stay."

They take him out of the strafe jacket, but handcuff him. The guards lock him inside and walk away. Joker walks around the cell. The cell only contains a small bed and toilet, all which are bolted down. The cell door is a thick steel door, with a little cutout for a window. Even though it has a cutout, the window has bars keeping anyone from reaching in. Joker lays onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Joker's POV

I haven't even been here long and it's already driving me mad! I need to get out of this shithole. It's so boring here. I need to get back to that girly. I can't have her, uh, thinking she can just get away from me. I told her I'd bring her back if I was ever caught.

3rd Person POV

Joker is soon interrupted by a masked guard. "You." The guard begins speaking.

"Hmm?" Joker sits up and moves the hair out of his face.

"You killed someone of my friends in the GCPD."

"Oh dear, how terrible I am." Joker rolls his eyes, sarcastically.

"Son of a bitch, this isn't a joke!"

"What? Don't appreciate some dark humor?"

Joker stands up and walks to the door. "You're a sick bastard. I should kill you where you stand." The guard threatens.

The Joker smirks, "then how about you come in and get me, big, scary, masked boy."

The masked guard begins to pull out a key card, but another guard stops him. "Don't try it. He'll kill you.  Also even if you lived, you would probably be killed for killing the freak. Let's go." The second guard states.

They walk away. "Come on! Let's have a little fun!" Joker laughs, as he yells after them.

The Joker lays back on the bed and rests his eyes for a little while.

At around midnight, the same guard from before swipes his key card to unlock Joker's cell door. The Joker hears the guard but doesn't move. The guard approaches Joker. "Time to pay, clown," the guard leans over Joker with a knife, "slow and painful, the way you deserve."

Joker opens his eyes and smiles, "is it?"

Joker kicks the knife out of the guard's hand and manages to get the chain of his handcuffs around the neck of the guard, strangling him. The guard puts up a struggle, but in the end, Joker wins the battle. He pats down the body of the guard and gets the key to the handcuffs.