8 ~ Tonight's Entertainment

[Y/N]'s POV

I wonder when he'll show up. For some reason, I hope it's as soon as possible. What the hell? Why am I thinking like that? Shoot me now.

3rd Person POV

A few hours pass, to the point it's night. Joker has not showed back up to [Y/N]'s room. Bruce Wayne holds a fundraising party for Harvey Dent, which is held at Bruce's penthouse. Tons and tons of people and attend, but Bruce Wayne himself is not there yet. After most people are there, a helicopter lands on the heli-pad. Bruce Wayne steps out with three supermodels. He walks inside the room," sorry I'm late- glad you started without me! Now where is Harvey, where..." he spots Harvey after looking around a bit," Harvey Dent, the man of the hour. Where's Rachel Dawes? She is my oldest friend. Come here."

She steps forward and walks over towards Bruce and Harvey. "You know when Rachel first told me she was dating Harvey Dent, I had one thing to say: the guy from those god-awful campaign commercials. I believe in Harvey Dent," he puts up his hand in a thumbs up sign," Yeah, nice slogan Harvey, but it got Rachel's attention and then I started to pay attention to Harvey and all he's been doing. He's our new DA and you know what? I believe in Harvey Dent, I believe Gotham can feel a little safer, a little more optimistic. Look at this face, this is the face of Gotham's bright future, Harvey Dent. Let's hear it for him. " He gestures his hand out towards Harvey, then everyone claps.

A little bit later, Bruce walks away from the crowd and looks at the night skyline. Rachel Dawes walks out into the same area Bruce is at. It's like a balcony, but closed in by windows. She stands beside him. "Harvey may not know you enough to know when you're making fun of him, but I do." She says to him.

"I meant every word. You know that day you once told me about, that Gotham would no longer need Batman?" He replies.

"Bruce," She says his name quietly," I can't ask me to wait for that."

"It's happening now. Harvey locked up half the city's criminals and he did it without wearing a mask. Gotham needs a hero with a face." Bruce interrupts.

"You can throw a party Wayne, I'll give you that," Harvey walks out of the main room, with all the people," thanks again. Mind if I borrow Rachel?"

Rachel goes to him and they go back inside.

At the Gotham police department, they found three sets of DNA on the joker card attached to the dead, fake Batman's suit: Judge Surillo, Harvey Dent, and Commissioner Loeb. Lieutenant Gordon immediately says," Joker's telling us who's he targeting. Get a unit over to Surillo's house, tell words to find Dent. Get them both into protective custody. Where's the Commissioner?" He asks.

"City Hall." Officer Ramirez states.

"Seal the building! No one in until I get there!"

"Got it."

They run off separate ways. Two officers go to Surillo's house and knock, while Gordon goes to City Hall.

-City Hall-

Gordon goes into Loeb's office. "Gordon, what are you up to?" Loeb asks.

"I want a floor-by-floor search of the entire building," Gordon orders officers," sorry, sir, but we believe the joker has made a threat against your life."