24 ~ A for Effort

Y/N enters the bank, her place of work, and heads to her desk. "Good morning, Stacey." She greets with a smile.

"Someone looks happy today." Stacey states instantly intrigued and wanting to know more.

"You could say that."

"I need details, honey, chop-chop." Stacey hurries over to Y/N's desk and sits on top of it.

Y/N gives laughs at Stacey's childish behavior. "My roommate, um, James, made me breakfast this morning as an apology for overreacting and getting mad the other day." She explains.

"Oh my gosh, give him to me. No men nowadays, unless you find a good one, makes breakfast for his girl!"

"First off, I'm not his girl. Second, you don't want him. His career isn't a friendly one." Y/N states.

"Your loss." Stacey walks back over to her desk and begins working. Y/N begins to work as well.

-

While being transported to his hideout, Joker looks at his reflection in his knife. 'How do I look like a drag queen? Now she has me worrying about my face paint. What in the world is this girlie doing to me?' He thinks to himself.

Once at the hideout, he hops out of the van that he was being transported in. He begins to walk away, but turns on his heels and looks at the van. "Can we, uh, get a paint job on this? If we don't attract attention in another way, this white van will. We aren't child kidnappers! We don't offer candy in the back of the van. Get an SUV or something."

He grabs one of the goons' MP5 Submachine Gun and starts shooting the side of the van. Once finishing his scene, he drops the gun and walks inside.

While inside, let's just say business happened. Some goons had their first and only last day on earth. Some goons got promoted because of the other goons' souls leaving this world. Good things came from minor bad situations is what the Joker would probably say. Towards the end of Joker's visit to the factory, he asks, "what's the time?"

"About 4:00, boss." A goon checks his watch and quickly answers Joker, not wanting to end up like a few of his pals.

"Do we have a new vehicle yet?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. While I'm gone, get the targets set up." He replies, exiting the building.

-

At 4:30, Y/N walks out of the bank, to her car, pulling out her car keys. Suddenly, a dark violet SUV with illegal tint swerves in front of her and goons pull her in. "Fucking let me go!" Y/N tries to put up a fight but is not strong enough.

"That was a pathetic struggle you gave." She hears a very familiar voice. She turns her head to the left and in the third row, the Joker is sitting there. "How was work?" He asks.

"You are by far the strangest person I've ever met. What's with all this shit? You already live in my home for God's sake." She changes the direction of the conversation.

Joker chuckles a bit, "calm down. I'm taking you somewhere. To a new hideout, to be exact."

Y/N rolls her eyes at him and sighs, "but why?"