7 ~ Man of my Word

3rd Person POV

The day of trying to escape has now passed. During the night, Batman captured Mr. Lau, the Chinese mob boss who was on the television when Joker first interacted with the mob. He was delivered to Commissioner Gordon of Gotham City Police Department, then arrested. Mr. Lau is also a CEO of Lau Security Investments Holding.

Harvey Dent, the district Attorney, was on tv talking about Mr. Lau. "Well, I don't know about Mr. Lau's travel arrangements, but I'm sure glad he's back." He says in the news interview.

The Italian mob are all gathered in a restaurant, when one says,"Put word out. We hire the clown," He puts a piece of food in his mouth then continues," he was right. We have to fix the real problem. Batman."

Commissioner Gordon walks in, holding handcuffs. He looks at the tv. "...I'm not aware of any participation..." You can faintly hear Harvey's voice in the background.

"Our boy looks good on the tube." Gordon states.

"You sure you wanna embarrass me in front of my friends, Lieutenant?" The main Italian mob boss asks.

"Oh, don't worry. They're coming too." Gordon replies.

Police men start coming in and arresting the mob members.

A while later, they are all put in court. The judge flips through papers," seven hundred twelve counts of extortion, eight hundred and forty-nine counts of racketeering, two hundred and forty-six counts of fraud, eighty-seven counts of conspiracy murder, five hundred and twenty-seven counts of obstruction of justice. How do the defendants plead?" The judge asks.

"Not guilty!" The group of mob members, clamor.

The judge slams her gavel down," order in the court!"

After the court session, Harvey Dent and Commissioner Gordon talk to the Mayor. "Five hundred and forty-nine criminals at once. How did you convince Surrillo (judge) to hear this farce?" The Mayor asks.

Harvey responds with," She shares my enthusiasm for justice. After all, she's a judge."

"Even if you blow enough smoke to get convictions out of Surrillo, you're gonna set a new record at appeals for quickest kick in the ass."

"It won't matter. The head guys make bail, sure. But the midlevel guys, they can't. They can't afford to be off the streets long enough for trial and appeal. They'll cut deals that include some jail time. Think of all you could do with 18 months of clean streets."

There is a bit of silence until Gillian Loeb (past commissioner) tries to talk, but the Mayor tells Gordon and him both to get out. He tells Harvey to sit down, so course he does.

"Public likes you. That's the only reason that this might fly. But that means it's on you. They're all gonna come after you now, and not just the mob. Politicians, journalists, cops. Anyone who's wallet is about to get lighter. Are you up to it? Better be. Because they get anything on you... and those criminals are back on the streets, followed swiftly by you and me." The Mayor says.

Right after the Mayor speaks, a body falls right in front of the window, the Mayor was standing by. The man is hanging from a rope around his neck, in a Batman suit, but a joker smile. "Jesus!" The Mayor yells and stumbled backwards.