Panic

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading and commenting! I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sirens were blaring and cars were barely moving out of the way as Josh had the gas peddle to the floor practically as he continued into the city.

"Anything?" He asked Zay as he kept his eyes on the road.

"They're not answering. Neither Farkle or Lucas." Zay responded.

"Keep trying! Try Mia if you have to!" He told him. Zay dialed Mia's number and brought the phone up to his ear. He waited a minute before hanging up and shaking his head.

"Nothing." He stated.

"Damn it." Josh muttered. "We're still ten minutes out from the city." He stated.

"She didn't get much of a head start though so she can't be too far ahead." Zay said. An alert sounded on his phone.

"Farkle or Lucas?" Josh asked. But Zay didn't answer as he continued looking at his phone. "Zay?" Josh questioned.

"We've got a problem." Zay told him. "Reporters are all over the city, this whole thing is on the news." Josh glanced over at Zay as he pressed play on a video on his phone.

".... bombs all over the city. Police are camped out and evacuating the city as we speak. FBI is here and reporting rumors about Anthrax poison-"

"Who the hell told them that!" Josh demanded as he glared over at the phone and then back towards the road. "It better not be any of our guys, I gave them strict orders!"

"This is bad. We're going to have panic clear over the city." Zay stated. "This is probably why nobody is answering their phones." 

"Okay, hold on. We're taking a shortcut." With a sharp turn, Josh turned off the main road onto one of the side ones, stepping on the gas even harder and heading towards the city.
~

The cop stopped the car and Maya threw her bloody jacket onto the floor of the car as she got out. People were running, reporters and news casters were all outside talking loudly over the noise. There were sirens everywhere, fire trucks and medics on the standby, cars honking at each other as traffic was at a stand still of people trying to get out of the city.

"Who told them?" Maya asked as the kid rookie got out of the car with her. He shook his head and looked startled that she actually wanted him to respond.

Maya looked around at all the panic, looking for the FBI set up. She started walking, looking everywhere as she dodged people. She ignored news people as they looked over at her and immediately stopped talking as they noticed her state that she was in.

She was limping with every move she made, wincing with every step as she willed herself to keep walking, trying to ignore the pain, surprised that she hasn't passed out by now.

She dodged a mic that someone tried to shove in her face as she heard the questions that the news caster threw at her, trying to get her to talk about what happened.

She finally saw a line of police officers that looked like they had a place blocked off. Maya ran over as she saw the back of Farkle's head as it looked like he was arguing with one of the police officers.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," one of the police men said as he blocked Maya's way of getting past him. "What happened to you?" He asked her as he started waving down a medic to come assist them.

"My name is Maya Hunter, I'm a special agent with the FBI and I have to get through!" She shouted at him as she tried to push past him.

"The only place you're going is to a hospital! You look like you're messed up pretty bad." He told her.