Surprises

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the love on this story! Enjoy the next chapter!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya was woken up by a pounding on her door. She looked over at the clock by her bed and saw that it was only six in the morning. She groaned and got up from her bed and went to open the door. Michael was standing on the other side with a piercing glance.

"Get dressed." He told her. Maya raised an eyebrow.

"It's six in the morning." Maya informed him. Michael narrowed his eyebrows.

"Get dressed and dont ask questions. I'm taking you to see David. You're going to tell him that its your mothers birthday and you want to go spend some time with her today." Michael explained.

"But my profile is supposed to say that I dont have family." Maya told him.

"I called Peterson up late last night, he changed it. When you ask David he'll look it up and see that its there. When he asks you questions about it, lie and tell him that you didnt tell your mother what kind of job you had. She has no idea that you were on the black market and that you belong to David now. You lied to her to keep her safe. He should believe that and let you go for the day."

"Why, where am I going?" Maya asked him. Michael glared at her.

"Didnt I just tell you not to ask questions!" He snapped. "Just trust me." He told her in a much more softer voice. Maya nodded her head.

Michael backed out of the room and Maya started to get dressed. She wondered what Michael was up to now. She knew that she had no choice but to trust him, he was all she had in this place for backup. After getting dressed and brushing her teeth and hair, Maya walked out of her room to see that Michael had probably already went to David's office so he didnt attract attention to them.

Maya walked down the hallway and came to the door of his office. She took a deep breath and knocked softly. There was some shuffling from the other side and Michael opened the door and let her in, giving her a blank stare. David looked up and smiled at Maya as she walked into the door.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked. Max was the only other one in the room as he gave Maya a smile.

"Well I was just wondering-" Maya stopped herself. She was nervous. Sensing this, David motioned her over. Maya walked slowly towards him and he grabbed her hand to pull her in his lap. Maya took a deep breath knowing she would have to calm down if she wanted this to work. So she hesitantly put her arms around his neck and rested them in his hair. David smiled his approval.

"You've been getting more and more comfortable with me lately. I like that." He smiled at her. "What can I do for you my love?" He asked. Maya inwardly cringed.

"Well, my mother-her birthday is today. She's the only family I have left-and I'm all she has. I haven't seen her in a while-I thought-well-maybe I can-go see her?" Maya asked as she stumbled over her words. David had a thoughtful look on his face.

"I dont remember there ever being any family members in your profile." He told her.

"Well I never told her what I was doing. I had a job as a coffee host in a café before I was put on the market. I made her think that was what I was still doing. She has no idea, and well-just in case you weren't very nice. I didn't want her to be brought into everything-just in case she was in danger." Maya told him.

David seemed to think on this for a moment before he smiled and nodded his head. He sighed and held Maya a little tighter.

"If that's what you want, then that's what you'll get. But, do you think you could be home by three? I would like to spend some time with you myself today." David told her. Maya smiled and nodded her head.

"Thank you." She had to sell it, she just had to. So against her better judgement, Maya leaned in and kissed him.

There seemed to be a bit of shock around the room, even by Michael who cleared his throat and looked away. Maya pulled back and David still had his eyes closed before he opened them and smiled at her.

"Hell," He said. "Make it four." He told her. Maya laughed before she got off his lap. David cleared his throat as if he was still recovering from that. "James, you'll take her and made sure she gets there safe."

"Of course, sir." Michael nodded. David nodded his head.

"Alright, get out of here." He smirked at Maya. Maya and Michael left the room. The smile was suddenly wiped off of David's face as he watched the door close behind them. He looked over at Max. "Follow them." He told him. "I want to know if that's where they really go." David stated. Max looked alarm.

"What do you mean?" Max asked. David rolled his eyes.

"That was way to enthusiastic of a kiss, and I've seen the way Michael looks at her. Follow them." He said again.

"You really dont think that something is going on between Michael and Josie." Max stated glaring at his uncle.

"Max, dont argue with me, Follow them. But make sure its at a distance, I dont want them knowing you're behind them." He told him. Max sighed and nodded his head. Max walked out the door and David leaned back on his chair, going on his computer to check Josie's file again.
~

If looks could kill, Josh and Lucas would be six feet under. They both cowered back by the death glare that was of Riley Matthew Fryer.

"I should kill both of you." She spoke in a very deadly calm voice. "I should murder you and hang your bodies on the side of this building!" She exclaimed.

"Riley we couldn't tell you! Its our job, we're not even supposed to know!" Lucas reasoned with her.

"My best friend! My sister! Maya is missing! She's undercover and you people dont even know where!" She yelled at them. Her voice was getting higher and higher.

"Riley, please calm down." Josh told her.

"Calm down. Calm down! CALM DOWN! DONT YOU EVER TELL ME TO CALM DOWN JOSHUA MATTHEWS!!" Kaylee started to whimper in Lucas's arms as her mothers voice got louder. She had always been sensitive to anybody yelling.

"Riley! Enough!" Lucas told her as he motioned to their daughters face. Riley seemed to soften as she noticed her daughter trying to hide her face in Lucas's neck.

"Look, we're trying everything we can." Josh told her. "We will find out what's going on with Maya." Riley just huffed.

The door of the office slammed open. Josh snapped his head up to yell at whoever it was when Zay's frantic face stopped him.

"Josh get out here now!" Zay told him.

Josh and Lucas walked out of the office, followed by Riley. Both of them coming down the stairs and into the meeting room where Zay had just walked in. Both stopping in their tracks when they saw who was standing at the head of the table in the room.

"This a bad time?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________