Playing The Part

I'm sure a lot of you probably won't like this chapter, but it's important for the story. Hope you guys enjoy!
_______________________________________________________________________________________

"Why'd you stop?" The rustling of the sheets from the bed and the weight beside her was lifted.

"I was just thinking about something." He told her, moving away from her where his hands had just been creasing her back.

"Care to share?" She asked him softly as she looked up at him, bringing the sheets tighter to her chest. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Just thinking, how I would give anything for time to stop. For us to stay in the moment forever." He told her as he pulled on a pair of shorts.

"Then why are you getting up?" She asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. Looked at her through hooded eyes.

"Unfortunately time can't stop. I have to work." He told her. The woman smiled as she got up from the bed, letting she sheets fall as she stood in front of him.

"Are you sure? I could make it worth staying here." She told him. The man smirked as he pulled her into him close.

"Don't tempt me." He smiled at her. They leaned in and shared a kiss, neither one of them breaking it until the cold air rushed through the open window.

"I love you." He spoke softly, softer then the wind outside.

"I love you, too."

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Jumping awake, Maya looked over at the clock and saw that it was half past seven in the morning. The sun was just starting to rise outside. She got up from the bed, quite reluctantly and moved over to the door to open it.

David was standing on the other side, smiling down at her as she greeted him. Maya was a little taken back that he had knocked so early. She smiled at him and cleared her throat.

"Hi." She said.

"Good morning. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't startle you." He said as he looked over at the unmade bed and back at Maya's sleepy appearance. She knew she must have looked like a fright, just literally rolling out of bed.

"That's okay. I needed to get up anyway." She told him. "So what can I do for you?" She asked him. He smiled at her.

"So happens that I have the day off today and I was wondering if you would like to spend it together." He told her. "I wanted to show you some things anyway." Maya's spirits lifted. She hoped that one of those things was whatever he was planning in the near future.

"Of course! I would enjoy that." She told him, biting down on her lip. It was something that drove Josh crazy. David stared at her lips for a moment before looking back up at her.

"Great. Get ready and come up to my office." He smiled and left as Maya shut the door. She leaned her back against it, closed her eyes and sighed.

She wanted nothing more than to crawl back into bed and go back to sleep. Not because she was tired, but because she wanted to see Josh again. He had been the one that she was dreaming about, how she missed him so much.

She remembered that moment between him and her. She remembered that before all the fighting and the arguing, it was just them. How they were so in love, how they were still so in love.

But Maya had a mission to do. She had an assignment and she had to stick to it. There would be plenty of time for her to be Josh later. Right now, she wasn't going to make that time come any faster if she just stood here and daydreamed.

Someday. She thought and smiled.

Hurrying and gettin ready to go meet David, she settled on a sundress and some Sandals before putting on light makeup and brushing her hair. She made her way out her door and down the hallway to his office.

"Max!" Maya greeted as she smiled and waved at him. Max looked at her, gave her a small smile, and then walked past her and down the hallway. Maya stopped and turned to stare at him.

She still had no idea what had been up with him lately. Why he was so distant and hadn't talked or really looked at her lately. She thought back to everything that had happened and she couldn't put her finger on it. She thought that maybe Michael knew something that she didn't, but he hadn't said anything to her about it. And whenever she brought it up, he would just shake his head and never say a word.

Knocking on David's office door, maya opened in and walked in and smiled at David as he had just been finished putting some files into his desk drawer when he looked up at her.

"Are you ready?" He asked her. Maya nodded at him. David smiled and pressed a button on his desk that she had learned was an intercom with a speaker built into it.

"I'm going out for the day. Me and Josie won't be back for a while. Do not bother me unless it is absolutely necessary." His tone of voice was of warning. That if anyone of his staff were to cal him today and it not be an emergency, then there would be hell to pay.

"So where are we going?" Maya asked him as he stood up and walked over towards her. He held his hand out for her to take and he creased the back of her hand with his thumb.

"You look lovely." He told her. "I think we'll start with breakfast, and then I would like to show you some of my latest work. I have come to realize that these last few weeks that I can trust you in ways that I can't with anyone else." He told her softly. His eyes were genuine. Maya felt her breath hitch.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" She asked. David smiled and opened the door for her.

"After you." He said. Maya walked past him and out of the office room, him right behind her.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! The next chapter won't be any better. Y'all going to hate me. But I promise it will pick up.