Friendships never die

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you guys enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day came early for both Josh and Maya as their position on the couch couldn't serve to be that much comfortable any longer. Josh made breakfast as Maya settled with a lose sweatshirt and sweatpants to lounge around in all day.

She had to go into the office tomorrow to talk to the head chief of the FBI. Which meant Josh's boss, which meant she would have to do a lot of sucking up if she planned on keeping her job. Which meant that today was her last day to enjoy before she had to go outside and face reality again.

Josh was currently using a lot of his sick days up to be here with Maya. Something that she was sure his boss had questioned. The last thing any of them needed right now was to expose their relationship. Although they really hadn't made things official again, it wasn't like either of them could really deny it to each other anymore.

Josh would eventually go back to work, leaving her alone for the next few months to try and get back on her feet as to say. Although Josh was still insisting that he stay here with her the next few months until she did get back on her feet, she knew that would just make things complicated for them once they go back to work.

She didn't want either of them to jeopardize their jobs, at least until the trial with David was over and everything could go back to slightly normal. Right now she knew that the bureau would be keeping a close eye on her for the next three months. And it would be just her luck that at the wrong time they find out her and Josh are together.

As Josh was taking a shower later that afternoon, a knock on the door sounded. Maya snapped her head up towards the door. She swallowed hard. She really hoped that wasn't one of her parents.

Maya got up and walked over looked through the peep hole. An immediate smile came up on her face as she saw who it was. She opened it up and Farkle looked up at her.

"Hey buddy." She smiled.

"Hey pal." He replied.

Maya felt an immediate rush of comfort and peace wash over her. Her, Farkle and Riley had been best friends for as long as she could remember. And when Riley had Lucas, Maya started leaning more on Farkle. They started out in Quantico together, and became partners together.

It felt like Farkle and her had been through everything together. And though her and Riley would always be best friends, Maya couldn't help but feel like in some strange way Farkle was her soul mate.

Farkle didn't even have to say anything. He stepped over the threshold and opened his arms. That was all the invitation Maya needed to step into them and give him a hug.

"I'm sorry." Maya told him as she buried her face in his shoulder. Farkle didn't say anything as he held her tighter. "I'm sorry for not listening to you, I'm sorry for arguing with you. For what happened on tv-"

"I'm just so glad you're okay." Farkle breathed out as he interrupted her. Maya smiled as she gripped him tighter before they let go.

"Really Farkle, the way that I acted and the way that I treated you. It was uncalled for and should have never happened." She told him. Farkle stared at her. "I can't say that I'm sorry for not sticking around to take David down. But you were right, you all were. I should have gone to the hospital right after that." Maya told him.

"Yeah you should have." He agreed, Maya rolled her eyes. "But we all understand why you did it, Maya. Carrie meant more to you than any of us. And to have Michael and Max get killed right in front of you, every single one of us would have done what you have done Maya." Farkle admitted. Maya nodded.