Day Out

Hey everyone!! Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you guys enjoy!
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Breakfast was better than what Maya had imagined it would be. But it also gave her some insight on what a real sicko David truly was, and just how far he had gone to protect his reputation.

Everywhere they went it seemed that he knew people and that those people loved him. He took her to a small diner for breakfast and the waitress greeted him like he was family.

Through out the whole meal people were saying hey to him and he was greeting them with hugs and handshakes. He apparently had donated a huge amount of money to keep the little diner going, which caused a lot of the locals to be very grateful.

He was quite the charmer as well. Flirted and talked with all the women that he saw. But he did it in a way that if Maya had actually been his real girlfriend that it wouldn't have bothered her. He was very good at making her feel secure in their fake relationship.

"I hope you didn't mind that little scene in there. I should have realized that going there would have been a little distracting." He told her as the walked hand in hand through a park. Maya shook her head.

"I don't mind. I thought it was sweet." She lied. She wondered how many times David had met women and children on the street, and then the next day they had disappeared, never to be heard from again by their families as they got sold on the black market.

It sickened her to think about. How the only reason she was technically here in his mind was because she was sold on the black market to him. That he had picked her just because of her looks. That she wasn't even given the choice.

"I think this is a good spot." David mumbled to himself before he turned around and faced Maya. Maya looked up and noticed that he had stopped them from walking and were now standing under a tree. He smiled at her as he faced her.

"Everything okay?" She asked him. David took a deep breath.

"You know, you have proven to me that I can trust you. At first I thought that maybe you and James were plotting against me. But now I know how wrong I was, at least about you." There was a certain look on his face. Was David questioning Michael?

"Well, James  has just been letting me go see my mom. It's been a struggle being without her for so long. And he's been letting me go out to get the things that I need." For a moment Maya thought she had said something wrong as David did nothing but stared at her.

"I guess I haven't been very sensitive towards your feelings." He admitted. "But I think I'll have to let James know that will change. I would like to eventually go visit your mother with you." Maya eyes widened.

"You would?" She asked him. He nodded his head.

"I've fallen for you Josie, and if your mom is important to you then she's important to me as well." Maya swallowed hard. "James won't need to take you out places and hang with you anymore. You have me for that."

"Well, I would like to spend more time with you. I haven't exactly told my mother about you yet, though." She admitted. David shrugged his shoulders.

"I wouldn't have expected you to. I would want us to break that news to her together, or course we would tell her where or how we met. But I think that every couple should have some secrets between them." David was staring at her with a look that Maya knew all too well.

It was the same look that Josh had given her so many times before. The look he gave her two years ago when they were dating for the first time. The look he gave her when he came back from London. The look he gave her every day leading up to when she left for this assignment. The same look he gave her just a week ago, when she and he had spent all that time in his office breaking in his couch.

David had truly fallen for her.

"Well, I'm sure she will be very surprised." Maya told him as she smiled. David nodded.

"There are also things that I would like to show you, things that I would like to tell you about when it comes to my business. I want you to know because if we're going to make this work, then you'll need to be pulled into it. I realize that some of these things you may not agree with, and perhaps I should rethink it. But whatever you don't want to be apart of, I promise I will keep you out of it. The less you know about some of the things, the better. But nevertheless, you do need to know about them."

This was it. He was going to show and tell her everything that he was planning. All that he was up to. She would be able to know what he was planning, and she would tell Michael. They would stop him and it would finally be over. She would be able to go home.

"But there will be plenty of time for that later. For now I would like to just spend this day getting to know you, and you getting to know me." He told her. Maya struggled to keep from shouting at him. She bit back her tongue and smiled and nodded her head.

"That sounds wonderful." She told him. David leaned down and kissed her. Maya had to picture Josh in her head, which worked in one way, but in another it didn't.

Josh was so different than David. David's lips were hard and demanding, while Josh's were soft and comforting. She had felt a sense of longing to be back in Josh's arms, where she knew that she was safe. She wished more than anything she could go back in time and be back in that office with him.

Someday. She thought. Someday soon.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Til next time!