Undercover

Boooo! School is starting back on Thursday. But hey, at least it's my senior year.
____________________________
"You're shoulder looks great!" The therapist told Maya as she did some exercises in Maya's arm to see where her strength level was at.

"Good enough to go back to work?" Maya asked her honestly. The therapist sighed as she did some last checks before letting go of Maya's arm and going back to her clip board.

"It looks good enough for you to start doing some regular exercises. But for now we should hold off on the field work until we know for sure that your shoulder can handle fighting. If I were you I would get into a gym somewhere and start out with some light boxing or martial arts to see if your arm can handle it." The therapist said. Maya nodded her head as she let out a sigh and looked at the ground.

"I don't think we have to keep seeing each other anymore. Your shoulder seems to be healing nicely and you're ready to start training in the gym. In fact, I'm going to write in the release note that I'm sending to your boss. You should be back in no less than a week, if you work at it." Maya smiled. This was good news to her. She couldn't wait to get back into the thick of things and throw herself into her work. It's what distracted her from her personal problems at home.

"Thanks." Maya said as she got her stuff together and waited for the therapist to write her note.

"Try not to be back in this room for at least two years." The therapist joked as she handed Maya the note. Maya smiled as she took it and put her jacket on.

"Doc it's been real." She said before she gave her a two finger solute and walked out the door. She walked back to where her desk was and put her stuff down before looking up and seeing Josh in the middle of a meeting with someone. She narrowed her eyes as she looked over at Farkle who just shrugged his shoulders. She sat down at her desk and started on some paperwork but kept glancing back at Josh every once in a while to make sure everything was okay. It didn't look like it was too friendly of a conversation. Josh kept throwing his hands up and the other guy had his arms crossed with a smug look on his face. The type of look that Maya knew Josh hated on other people.

Finally after a half hour the guy comes out of Josh's office with a file in his hands. He walks up to their desks and stops at Maya's. He looks her up and down causing Maya to give a disgusted look and Farkle to put a hand on the hilt of his gun just incase he needed to bring it out.

"I look forward to working with you." He told her before nodding his head at her and walking away. Maya looked over at Fakrle who shook his head.

"Maya, a word." Josh said as he walked back into his office. Maya got up and walked over towards Josh and went into his office. Josh looked over at her as she shut the door and he sighed.

"You have been requested to go undercover in an underground drug organization. For how long I'm not sure but they've studied over the case and they want you." Josh told her. Maya nodded her head as she crossed her arms and sat down.

"You told them no, didn't you." She said. She didn't have to ask, she already knew the answer. Josh looked up at her.

"Not for reasons that you think." Josh told her. Maya nodded her head and hummed.

"Oh I'm sure. You just thought that you could make another decision on my behalf without even asking me and then when they told you they had to hear no from me you got angry. Sounds familiar." She sassed causing Josh to run a hand through his hair.

"Look it's not an order. This undercover job is extremely dangerous and they said that if you didn't want to they weren't going to make you. I say you shouldn't do it." Josh said. Maya nodded.

"Well of course you don't. If you had it your way you would wrap me in bubble wrap and not let me go anywhere." Maya said as she got up from the chair she was sitting in.

"Maya! Your shoulder isn't completely healed yet and you've never really done undercover work. You don't know what it's like." Josh told her. Maya nodded her head.

"But it's not your decision to make. It's mine." Maya snapped at him causing him to pinch the bridge of his nose. "What kind of drug is it?" Maya asked. Josh sighed.

"They call it the widower. It's deadly and even the slightest little bit and cause you to have insane hallucinations. There have been so many overdoses by this one drug in the last couple of weeks that it's the worse this city has seen since the 90's. The most recent overdoses where a couple of juniors at a high school party last night. They want you to go undercover and they want us to investigate the case." Josh explained to her.

"Why is it so dangerous to go under?" Maya asked as she turned towards him. Josh bit his lip and looked down.

"Because everyone that has gone undercover hasn't made it out alive." Maya nodded her head. She observed the way Josh was standing and how he wasn't looking at her. He was hiding something else.

"What is it?" She asked. Josh gave her a side glance.

"What's what?" He asked. Maya narrowed her eyebrows.

"You're keeping something else from me, Josh. I want to know." Maya told him. Josh shook his head.

"I can't. If you decide to go undercover then all this would do is cloud your judgment and I can't let that happen. It will put you in more danger than I want you to be in." Josh told her seriously. Maya shook her head.

"That's exactly why I need to know. So that if the subject ever comes up I can be prepared and not caught off guard. Josh you have to tell me what it is." Maya told him. Josh shook his head, he wouldn't even look at her hardly. Maya sighed as she looked out the window and saw the whole team staring at them. Maya had an idea that might work, it's risky but it's never failed when it came to Josh. She just needed him to look at her. In fact, that's probably why he wasn't looking at her. Because one glance at those puppy dog eyes that Maya had and he was done for.

Maya walked up to the window and pulled down the blinds, she went over and locked the door to the office so nobody could get in. Josh gave her a confuse look before Maya walked over to Josh and pushed him down on his office chair. Immediately after pushing him down on the chair Maya sits on him and straddles his waist.

"Maya what the he-" he exclaimed but cut himself off when Maya took his face into her hands and leaned her forehead against his.

"Look at me." She told him. Josh tensed up before he eventually he relaxed and rested his hands on her hips. Maya backed her face up a few inches so she could look at him better now that she got his attention. Forget about the break up, forget about that your my boss and just focus on me for just a minute." She told him. Josh swallowed hard. "It's me. We have always been able to tell each other anything rather we were together or not. If I find out while I'm under whatever this is that you're keeping from me, is going to be the very thing that kills me. And I know that you don want that. So prepare me Josh, tell me what it is." Maya said as she was now stroking his face in her hands. Josh bit his lip and grabbed her hands from his face and placing them in their laps. He looked back up at Maya and sighed.

He didn't want to tell her, but he knew there was no way he couldn't either.
_______________________________
What do y'all think it is that Josh has to tell Maya?