Interrogation

Hey everyone! I know you guys are getting slightly frustrated because of the lack of Joshaya. But I promise, it's coming soon! I just want the story to play out well. Anyways, enjoy!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

It was about half an hour later when Josh came out of the waiting room and over towards where Farkle and Zay were standing. Zay had finished up with the anthrax and came up to sit with them. Lucas had gone home as soon as he came up.

"Any news?" Josh asked. Zay shook his head.

"Nothing from the doctors. Mia said she was going up to the front desk to see if she could get anything from the nurses." Zay said. Josh sighed.

He had tried so hard to keep faith and hope that Maya would make it out of this. He wanted so badly to run into the surgical room and stay by her side through this whole thing, demand that the doctors tell him what was going on. But he knew that causing a scene wasn't going to do anything for Maya. And he had a whole team to lead.

He knew that she would tell him to do his job first and deal with her second. But that really wasn't what he wanted to do at the moment. It's times like these where he wished that anyone else was team leader right now.

But Maya was in surgery, and the doctors were doing everything that they could to make sure she survived this. So really there wasn't anything Josh could do but wait to hear how everything went after the surgery was done. But... there was one man who was responsible for all of this. One man who was the reason Maya was in surgery in the first place.

Ever since Josh had seen everything he had done to her. After he saw how badly she had been beaten and how he had handled her. It took everything he could not to run after David and kill him then and there. But he had to respect that this was Maya's case. And after everything David had done, if there was anyone that deserved to take him down, it was her.

Of course, he didn't like how she went about it. And he knew that as her team leader, he would have to take action against her for the poor decisions she made today. But as her hopefully soon to be boyfriend again, there was nothing on his mind more than taking care of the situation at hand.

"I need to head back to headquarters. I have some unfinished business to take care of." Josh said. "Let's go, Farkle."

"Actually-" Farkle spoke as he stood up and looked at Josh. "-I would really like to be the one here when Maya wakes up." He told him. "She's my best friend and my partner. I- it would mean a lot to me."

"Of course." Josh answered immediately. Farkle and Maya were so close. They had known each other longer than anyone else on the team. For one of them to see the other one like this- it had to be a lot. "Zay, you come with me then."

Zay nodded and got up. He patted Farkle on the shoulder. Farkle sat down and grabbed Smackles hand for comfort as she took the seat beside him.

"Farkle-" Josh said. Farkle looked up at him. "Call me-"

"The moment she wakes up." Farkle finished for him. "I promise." Josh nodded at him before he and Zay walked out the doors of the hospital, Josh giving Zay the keys to the car as he couldn't drive for the rest of the night.
~

David had been moved to one of the interrogation rooms per Josh's request. He had been stuck at headquarters all day as other agents had been trying to get information out of him since he had been arrested. But of course, he didn't say a thing.

Josh felt like he had invented a new definition of the word angry. He was practically shaking as Zay parked the car and he walked into headquarters without as much as a 'hello' to anyone he came across.