New Motivation

Thank you all for reading, commenting  and voting! It means so much to me that you guys are sticking with me through all of this. Enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Farkle and Smackle waited until after Michael hung up the phone to say anything. It was obvious that Peterson was not happy with him at the moment, or either of them really.

"What's he planning?" Farkle asked him once Michael turned back around to face them.

"Excuse me?" Michael asked him.

"You said that David was planning something huge, what is it?" Farkle asked again. Michael looked taken back as he stared Farkle down and then shook his head.

"Nothing I'm at liberty to discuss with you." Michael told him. Farkle glared at him.

"Bullshit. That's my partner that's risking her life out there. I have more than a right to know than you do." Farkle walked towards him causing Smackle to become nervous. She reached over and pressed a button that was on her desk, something that she had come up with if there was ever any trouble and she needed to let the team know immediately.

"Agent Minkus you have no idea what we're dealing with here. The less you know the better." Michael told him. Farkle shook his head.

"Maya is apart of this team, not yours. Now you're going to tell me unless I have to beat it out of you." Both men were now in each others faces.

"Farkle!" Smackle exclaimed. She loved Farkle very much, but he wasn't that much of a fighter.

"Dont start something you cant finish, Agent." Michael glared at him. Farkle matching him head on.

"Why dont you stop hiding behind Peterson." Farkle poked him in the chest.

"I'm warning you, kid!"

"Farkle!" Lucas had exclaimed as he opened the door to Smackle's office and grabbing Farkle by the shoulders before he could land a punch on Michael. Zay walked over and pushing in between them.

"What's going on?" Mia asked staring between the two. Farkle never let his glare falter.

"Michael says that David is planning something big and soon. Said that Maya needs to get in real close with David so they could stop what was happening. But he wont tell me what." Farkle seethed. Lucas and Zay looked over at Michael.

"Well if you weren't going to ever tell us what David was up to then why did you come here?" Zay asked him.

"Look, I had every intention of telling you what was going on. But I'm already in enough trouble with my own boss for even bringing Maya here and letting you all in on the plan that's going on. You're not even supposed to hear from her until this whole case is finished." Michael told them.

"That's why Peterson has been keeping us out of the loop. He never had any intentions of sharing this case with us." Lucas said. Micheal nodded.

"Look, if Maya's cover is blown, she's dead. There's nothing that anyone, not even me can do to stop it. It's important that nobody is to find out who she is. Especially not David." Michael told them. Farkle shook his head.

"That's isn't good enough. We're involved." Farkle growled at him as Lucas was still keeping a hand on him just in case he decided to jump him.

"Look kid, you're messing with things you've never even heard of. So why don't you go back to your little desk and let the big kids handle this one." Michael said with a glare. Farkle tried to get past Lucas but Lucas held him back even tighter and gave him a warning look.

"What's going on?" Josh asked as he and Maya entered into the room. Maya looked over at Farkle, who's gaze was never faltering.

"You're team should really learn some manners." Michael said, but he wasn't talking to Josh. He was talking to Maya. Josh gave him a look before looking over at Farkle and pointing towards the door.

"Either calm down, or take a walk." He told him. Farkle huffed and pushed Lucas off of him before turning his back away and running his hands through his hair. He took deep breaths trying to calm himself down.

"Micheal just got off the phone with Peterson. He isn't happy with the fact that Maya is here. He never wanted us to know what her case was, never wanted us to be apart of it." Smackle informed them. Josh looked over at Michael, who was now glaring at Smackle.

"Apparently David is planning something huge. Something that Maya needs to step her game and try to get him to tell her." Zay said.

"What is it?" Maya asked Michael. Michael sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know." He admitted. Farkle turned back around and glared at him.

"You said it was something huge. You implied that you knew about it!" He yelled at him. Michael looked at him and glared.

"I know that it's something huge because Peterson has hinted about it towards us. But he won't actually tell us what it is. That's why we need Maya to get in real close with him. To build a relationship with him in a way that we can't. She needs to get him to tell her what it is." Michael informed them. Maya noticed the way Josh's hands tightened in fists and the way his jaw locked.

"We deserve to be the ones working this case! Maya is apart of our team, not yours!" Farkle yelled out.

"No Farkle, he's right." Maya said. Everyone turned to her and Farkle felt like a knife had just been thrown in his back. "He's right. You guys shouldn't have been told. I shouldn't have come here today." Maya said.

"Maya, if this is about putting us in danger. We're in danger every day with this job. What you're doing now isn't making any difference." Zay told her. Maya shook her head.

"It isn't about the danger part. I should be putting more effort on getting close to him. I should be focusing more on the case then of seeing you guys again. I let my personal feelings get in the way of the job. Carry would have never made the same mistakes as me." Maya whispered.

"Carry is dead!" Farkle yelled out. Maya snapped her head up at him and glared. "She's gone, Maya! But you're still here! You're still alive and if Carry would have let us help her, she would be here, too!"

"No she wouldn't." Michael said. "In fact, if Carry had involved you all, all of you could be dead right now." He told them. Maya nodded her head.

"You guys know there wouldn't be anyone else that I would rather have on my team then you all. And if I get in trouble, you'll always be my first call. But I have to do this myself. I have to bring David down alone." She told them. Farkle shook his at her and turned away.

"Josh, are you going to just let her back out of this?" Lucas asked. Maya looked over at Josh with a pleading look on her face. She needed him to trust her, to understand that she knew what she was doing.

"Maya's right. We would just be in the way." He told them all quietly. Maya smiled at him. She knew he felt differently, but he was choosing to trust her instead of being over protective. He was being her boss instead of her lover. He had come a long way.

"So that's it." Farkle said. Maya walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"If I get in trouble. You're the first one I'd call." She told him. Farkle didn't say anything as he continued to stare at the ground. Maya sighed and rubbed his shoulder a bit before looking up at Michael. "We should go." She told him. He nodded.

Walking out of the room, Maya said her goodbyes and told them that she would see them again soon.

"Seeing you guys today made me have new motivation. I'm going to catch this guy, and I'm going to do it for you." Maya told them. She gave them all one more look before she walked out the door.
________________________________________________________________________________________________