Breaking the law one step at a time

You know, watching Iron Man can be very inspirational...
________________________
"What are you doing back?" Farkle asked me as I walked into the station. I didn't say anything. I just gave a dirty look at Josh and went to my desk they assigned me. I opened the drawer that I had and grabbed Josh's keys he put in there.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked me as he put the folder he was reading down.

"None of your business." I snapped making him narrow his eyes.

"Maybe not after work hours but we're in the middle of a case!" He snapped back. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Maya!" Farkle called after me as I walked out of the station. I went outside to Josh's FBI car that they gave him and started it up. "Maya!" Farkle called making me look. He had ran all the way out here. "What are you doing? You can't just leave in the middle of a case that could cost you your badge!" He yelled at me.

"I'm not abandoning the case, Farkle! I have a lead and I need to get back to headquarters so I can track it!" I told him.

"Maya, Josh will kill you if he finds out what your doing! He told you to stay out of the field." Farkle yelled at me.

"Farkle! There are three little girls that are missing right now and I might have the key to knowing where they are! Now either you go back inside and cover me or you can go acres yourself because right now I don't really care!" Farkle's face fell. He started thinking about what he was going to do. I rolled my eyes as I fully shut the door and started backing up. Suddenly the passenger side door opened and Farkle was beside me putting his seatbelt on.

"We're in this together." He told me. I smiled at him before pulling the car all the way out and heading out of the parking lot.

"Apparently the boat driver that takes people to and back from the Statue of Liberty, has a camera on the boat." Maya stated making Farkle look at her shocked.

"Isn't that illegal?" He asked her. (Not sure if this is true or not but let's go with it) I nodded my head.

"Yep." I stated before putting my siren on and flooring it.

"Okay so your going back to headquarters to get a warrant for his camera? You can do that back at this station." Farkle mentioned.

"Actually I already have the SD card." I said while clearing my throat. Farkle gave me a serious look.

"What do you mean you already have the SD card?" He asked dangerously low.

"Well..." I said trailing off getting kind of nervous.

"Maya what did you do!" He demanded and I winced at his tone.

"I may have stolen the SD card from his camera while he wasn't looking." I said. I didn't have to look to know that Farkle's face was pure anger.

"You did what!" He yelled and I winced again. "Maya do you even realize how stupid that was! My God this could be your badge!! Not even Josh can bell you out of this one!" Farkle kept ranting on about how irresponsible this truly was. I've heard this lecture about a million times since I joined the FBI.

"Farkle I couldn't wait until we got a warrant! The guy knew it was illegal, he saw me looking at it and told me to stay out of his business until I had a warrant! I bet you by the time Lucas gets on that boat to come back from being at the statue, that camera will be gone and it would be my word against his." Farkle scoffed at hearing this.

"I can't believe you." He said. Before I said anything else the phone rang.

"Minkus." Farkle answered.

"Imagine my surprise when I go outside to see what's taking my two best agents so long to get back into the building, and their not even there!!" Josh practically screamed at us. I wanted to laugh but Farkle gave me a look that told me to shut it. "Farkle I asked you to bring her back! Not join he rebellion and go with her!" I couldn't help but laugh. What is this a Star Wars movie?

"Josh, Maya thinks she has a lead on the case." Farkle explained.

"Oh is that all!" He said sarcastically. "I told her that she shouldn't be out in the field because of her arm and not only does she disobey a direct order from her boss, but she also is putting her health in danger!" I rolled my eyes. He worries to much, even when we were dating he just couldn't accept the fact that I'm a grown woman who can take care of herself.

"We're going back to headquarters to see if smackle can help us. If you don't like it then go to the board." I said making Farkle give me a wide eyed look. Even now he still hates getting in trouble.

"Well if it isn't the prodigal child." He said once again sarcastically. "You two have two hours to do whatever it is that your doing before I call back! And if I don't have a progress report I'm putting you both on desk for a month!" Josh yelled before hanging up the phone. Farkle sighed before turning to me.

"You need to take him behind the station so he'll chill out." He said under his breath.

"Farkle!" I exclaimed as I looked over at him shocked and swerved to keep from hitting a car.

"I'm just saying! The sexual tension between you two is incredibly thick." He said while rolling his eyes. I scoffed.

"There is no sexual tension. At least not with me." I commented not missing the eye roll I got in response. I will not fall back in with Joshua Mathews.
___________________________
Spoiler alert... She does.