Rescuer

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this next chapter!! Thank you all for reading and commenting! Also, thanks for being so incredibly patient with updates!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya stared at Simon, she couldn't believe it. She knew he was apart of this somehow, but she basically just walked right into his hands. Now it all made sense, how he was so able to just get his hands on 50 grams worth of anthrax.

Paramedics had access to all kinds of drugs. She wasn't sure how he was able to convince someone to give him the anthrax, but she was sure that's where the money from the charity ball was supposed to come in. But after their plans fell through, David must have paid it out of his pocket.

"Surprised?" Simon asked her with a wired grin on his face.

"W-what are you doing?" Justin asked him. His face lost all color in it. He couldn't believe what he was witnessing.

"You need to stay back, call for help." Maya told him as she kept her eyes on Simon. She would allow herself to process this all later. Now was not the time to work things out in her head.

"Don't bother. There isn't any cell service down here." Simon said.

"Where is exactly here?" Maya asked him.

"We're in the basement of the hospital." Simon told her. He took a remote out of his pocket and pressed the button. A beep sounded from beside them and then the 'tik tok' of a clock started sounding.

"You have five minutes before this ambulance and the anthrax go sky-high. Taking down this hospital and everyone in it. Not to mention practically everyone in the city." He said. "Don't even bother trying to disarm it. It's a homemade bomb. And I made sure not to make a way to disarm it."

"I'm not going to let you." Maya told him. Simon rolled his eyes.

"Please, all I have to do is breath on you and you'll collapse." He said as he noted the way Maya was leaning on the inside of the ambulance wall, trying to keep standing.

"My team-they'll figure it out." She said.

"Even if they do, they wont be able to stop the bomb. Face it, Agent. It's over." He said. Maya tried so hard to keep her body up, but finally it was as if her body just gave up the fight. She couldn't hold herself up any longer, and she couldn't find the strength to keep going.

"Maya," Justin knelt down beside her. Maya fell into him, he tried to keep her from falling on the ground. Her head rolling back onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her and tried to put more pressure on her wound.

"You-you have to-" She couldn't find her words. She felt herself falling further and further out of reality.

"Pathetic." Simon stated. "I cant believe you took David down. Even so-he's never been much of a fighter, but still. You must have messed with his head more than I thought." He said.

"Simon, please." Justin practically begged. "You've got to stop this. You've got to let me get her out of here, she's dying!" He begged. Simon shook his head.

"Not my problem." He said. "By the time the bomb goes off, I'll be clear out of here and-" He was cut off by the sound of screeching tires coming to a halt behind him. He turned to look over his shoulder, and suddenly he took off running.

Lucas had gotten out of the car before it even stopped and chased him down. Simon was fast, but Lucas was a lot younger and way more fit. He caught up to him and tackled him to the ground. Josh got out of the car and made his way over to the ambulance.

"You have to help me, she just passed out and she's losing a lot of blood. She could die if I don't get her upstairs." Josh reached in and picked up Maya out of his arms. Lucas had taken Simon and handcuffed him to one of the beams that was in the garage so he couldn't get away.

"Lucas, here." Josh put Maya in his arms. "Get her upstairs, quickly."

"Where are you going?" Lucas asked as Josh ran up to the ambulance. Josh ignored him as he started moving things around the ambulance, trying to find the anthrax. Justin seemed to figure it out, because he got back into the ambulance with Josh and pulled the equipment off where the bomb and anthrax was.

"It's over here." He told Josh. Josh looked at the bomb. It said he had three and a half minutes before the bomb exploded. "He said there was no way to disarm it, he was the one that made it." Josh grabbed the bags of anthrax and handed it to Justin.

"Here, take all of it and wait for the other Agents to get here." Josh told him. "I have to get this ambulance out of here. Both him and Justin jumped out of the ambulance. Josh slammed the doors shut before running to the drivers side.

"Josh! Wait for bomb squad!" Lucas yelled at him, still holding Maya in his arms.

"There isn't enough time! Get her up stairs!" Josh yelled back. He got into the drivers seat and started it up. He gassed it, and went as fast as he could out of the basement of the hospital and out onto the open roads.

As soon as he was out of the basement, he took his phone and dialed the a familiar number, bringing it to his ear as he had the siren blaring telling people to get out of his way.

"FBI headquarters, Isabell-"

"Smackle!" Josh cut her off. "I need you to track my cell phone, and do it quick!" He told her. He could hear her fingers typing on the computer as he spoke.

"I got you." She told him.

"I need you to find me a field, somewhere that's in the middle of no where that wont be effected by a bomb going off!" He told her.

"A bomb?!" She questioned frantically.

"I'm driving an ambulance that's set to go off in about two minutes. Find me something, Smackle!" He told her. She was typing faster.

"Okay, you're about a minute and forty-five seconds away from a clear landing field that is sometimes used for private planes Take a left at the next red light and keep going straight." She told him.

"Got it." He told her. That gave him about fifteen seconds to try and get the ambulance as far into the field as he could before it went off.

"Josh, you're going to be okay, right?" She asked him. Josh didn't say anything. "I mean, you do have a plan to get out of the ambulance before it goes off?"

"Just keep talking to me Smackle. Don't get off the line with me." He told her. Truth be told, he was terrified at the moment. He was hoping that his math was correct. Otherwise he would be going up with the ambulance. He needed someone to keep talking to him, take his mind off of it.

"W-what do you want me to say?" Smackle asked.

"Anything! Tell me something I don't know!" He told her. He could see the clearing up ahead, cars blew at him as he almost ran them off the road to get there.

"Uh-me and Farkle are getting married." She said. Well that definitely was surprising.

"Married?" Josh questioned in shock.

"Yeah, we weren't sure how to tell everyone. Especially you, since you're team leader." Her voice was shaking. It was obvious that she wasn't sure if he was going to make it out either. "We wanted to wait as much as we could before telling everyone because we know that one of us is going to have to get a transfer." She explained.

"I think its great. You and Farkle, I think you guys are going to make a great-"

BOOM.

"Josh? Josh. Josh!" Smackle yelled into the phone as she heard the bomb go off. "JOSH!" She continued to yell, but there wasn't an answer.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time!