Finally Home

Hey everyone. Thanks for reading and commenting on these stories! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was strange. That was the first emotion Maya felt when she first walked through the door of her apartment for the first time in three months. Strange.

Everything was how she left it. Even the dirty towel that she had left in the floor from the shower that she took before she left that morning. But somehow, everything felt so different. It was the same apartment, the same life that she had left, but yet nothing was the same.

She had heard some other Agents talk about what undercover life was like. How when they came back it was like they were coming back to a past life, someone else's life.

Maya shook her head out of her thoughts as the front door closed behind her and Josh placed her duffle bag down by the door.

"Welcome home." He said dryly as he placed his car keys onto the countertop. "Do you ever clean?" He asker her as he kicked over the towel that was in front of him.

"You were here the night before I left, the least you could have done is tidied up before you left." She teased him. Josh snapped his head at her.

"You're kidding." He deadpanned. Maya gave him a look. "I woke up naked and alone in your bed the morning you left. Believe me, cleaning was the last thing on my mind." Maya grinned as she looked away and walked further into her apartment.

"So," Maya breathed. "When are my parents getting here?" She asked. Josh raised his eyebrow at her as she turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked. He looked confused.

"Well the doctor said he doesn't want me staying by myself for the next three months. And knowing you, you've probably already set up someone to stay with me." Maya stated. Josh nodded.

"That's right." He nodded.

"So, you've probably already told my parents then that I'll need a babysitter." She joked lightly. Josh shook his head.

"Nope." He said. Maya stared at him.

"Then who's going to stay with me for the next three months?" Maya asked.

"I am." He stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Maya almost choked on her own spit.

"You!" She gasped. Josh nodded. "You cant stay with me! We work together, you're my boss!" She shouted.

"Not for the next three months." Josh shrugged his shoulders. Maya looked at him, shocked.

"You-we-I-"

"Maybe you should sit down." He teased her.

"We cant live together for the next three months!" She yelled at him.

"It's not like we haven't lived together before." He told her.

"Josh, what would our family say? What would our bosses say?" She asked him.

"Your private life is none of their business. You're not an Federal Agent for the next three months so what happens in your life outside of you getting better is none of their concern. And as far as our family thinks, I'm just looking after you." He explained.

Maya couldn't think clearly. This was not what she imagined would happen when the doctor told her that she needed someone to stay with her. Sure, maybe in her wildest dreams... but certainly not reality.

"But I suppose if it makes you feel uncomfortable, I could give your parents a call..." He trailed off, and Maya glared at him.

He had her trapped, and he knew it. Maya loved her mom and Shawn dearly, but she couldn't imagine the next three months with them staying here... Actually, she could. And she shuddered to even think about it. Her mother would be fretting over her every day, not understanding what she would be putting herself through the next three months just to keep her job and getting in the way every second because she claimed that it was Maya's best interest.

And Shawn- he would want to know every detail about the case. Asking her a hundred different questions that she wouldn't be able to answer. He wouldn't be able to sit back and watch her go through all of this and not say anything about it.

They would both smother her before even a week had passed. And she groaned just thinking about the therapy she would need by just having her parents around her for that time. Maya sighed.

And that's how Josh had her trapped. He understood better than anyone else what she was going through. He wouldn't ask her questions about the case unless she brought it up first. He wouldn't fret over her, or at least not the way her mother would. And even though he would drive her crazy making sure she was keeping up with her health, she knew that it was because he knew how important her job meant to her.

So, with a sigh, Maya walked up to Josh and stared him down.

"We need to set some ground rules." She told him. Josh smirked at her as he met her gaze head on. "We need to make sure that we can both keep our jobs during these three months."

"Why wouldn't we?" Josh asked. "Last time I checked, you were the only one here that is in danger of losing their job, and You know that I'm not going to let that happen." He told her seriously. Maya smiled, there was a time when they first started dating that Josh would have been happy at the thought of her never being an FBI Agent again. But now he was willing to do anything to help her keep it. He had come so far.

"Because, with you being here the next three months. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able to control myself." She admitted quietly. Josh suddenly stood up straighter, any sign of joking on his face was now gone and replaced with something much serious.

It was quiet between them for a moment, as both of them wondered where the next few moments would take them. And Maya waited to see what his reaction was. She had dipped a toe across the line, and now it was his turn to see how far she went over. Would he grab her and drag her over it? Or would he back off and let her slowly pull it back.

"Who says you have to?"

His voice was low, but it almost sounded like a bomb going off in the silence of her apartment. And almost like a dam had broken, Maya gabbed his blazer and pulled him into her, slamming their lips together.

Josh was careful as he grabbed onto her waist and pulled her closer, moaning at the contact that he hadn't had since that day in his office. He deepened the kiss and bit her bottom lip, remembering so well what made her weak. It had been so long. Way, way too long. And it felt so so good.

Not being able to kiss for long because of lack of air, and the way Maya groaned out in pain as her shoulder shifted the wrong way. She pulled back with a gasp and closed her eyes sharply.

"W-what?" Josh panted. "Did I hurt you?" He asked as he loosened his grip. Maya shook her head.

"No, just my shoulder." She said quietly. Josh brought his hand up to crease her cheek lightly, the bruise still very much visible on her cheek and the cuts over her face. "I should go take a shower." She told him. He nodded his head and hesitantly let him her go.

"I'll make some tea." He said. They broke away from each other and he walked into the kitchen to grab two mugs. She started to walk to the bedroom to get to her bathroom before she stopped and turned to where he was.

"I'll take two-"

"Spoonful's of sugar and just a bit of honey." He finished her sentence. He glanced over at her slyly. "I remember." Maya smiled at him, walked into her bedroom and shut the door.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!