Boredom

Hey y'all! Sorry about the wait, enjoy!!
____________________________
Maya had her head leaned back as she swung the chair back and forth with her feet. She was staring at the ceiling in Smackles office while the rest of the team were out in the field trying to solve a homicide. Maya was board out of her mind. She had gone to see her physical therapist for her shoulder and had been told that she should be recovered in the next two weeks if she worked hard at it and was careful not to pull something.

"Please stop that." Smackle said from her chair as she way looking something up on her computer. Maya stopped spinning and slouched down in the chair as she watched Smackle do her work.

"Have they called back yet?" Maya asked. Earlier Lucas had called Smackle to see if she could track someone down for them. That was half an hour ago and Smackle was still working on it.

"They don't call us back, we call them after we have found something." Smackle told her. Maya sighed as she got up and walked over to where Smackle was sitting. Maya started to put a finger on one of Smackles many computers but stopped when she heard a voice shriek.

"Don't touch that! I have organized and set this up completely to my knowledge and when someone who isn't me touched it and changes something I have to start all over again and redo everything. So please, don't touch anything unless I ask you to." Maya's eyes were wide as she heard Smackles small outburst. Maya held her hands up in defense before going to sit back down in her twisty chair. Maya sighed as she watched Smackle try and focus on what she was doing. Suddenly she smirked.

"So, you and Farkle huh?" Maya teased. She noticed how Smackles shoulders tensed up and she stopped typing for a split second before she started back again. Tales that someone is hiding something that Maya is trained to notice.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Agent." Smackle said. Maya rolled her eyes an her use of her rank.

"Common Smackle, you and I have been friends forever. You don't have to use my rank against me." Maya told her.

"Farkle is an Agent that I happen to work with. Sometimes we meet outside of work but I can assure you Maya its for business related reasons only." Smackle told her causing Maya's eyebrows to raise.

"So... Sleeping with Farkle helped you solve a case?" Maya asked teasingly. Smackle froze and slowly turned around in her seat. Maya winked at her once they came face to face.

"Please don't tell Josh." She begged Maya. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Why would I tell Josh? Besides, it's not like you're out in the field so even if Josh did find out he probably wouldn't make you break up anyway." Maya told her. Smackle shook her head.

"No but the board might, and if they find out that Farkle and I are seeing each other I will be the one to get transferred. I don't want to leave this team, I don't do well with people I don't know." Smackle told her. Maya smiled.

"It's okay, I'm not going to tell anyone." Smackle smiled.

"Good. Because then I would have to speak up and say that you and Josh are romantically involved." Smackle said causing Maya's eyes to go huge.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Josh and I are not romantically involved." Maya told her. Smackle shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh but you will be soon." She said. Maya laughed.

"Yeah right." She said sarcastically. Smackle wasn't laughing though.

"I'm serious. The sexual tension between the two of you is unbearable. You'll both crack eventually." She told Maya. Maya shook her head.

"No, no, we won't. Josh and I had a good thing back in the day but now he's my boss and having a romance would be immature and reckless." Maya said. Now it was Smackles turn to smile.

"You know somewhere in that sentence I never heard you say that you didn't have feelings for him anymore." Smackle said. Maya's eyebrows raised at her even more.

"What? Don't you guys think that you're the only ones around here that can pick up on stuff like that. I have an eye for this type of business too." Smackle said.

"Did Farkle put you up to this?" Maya asked. Smackle shook her head.

"Nope, I just know how to pick up on thing. So tell me Maya, between you and me, do you still have feelings for Josh?" Smackle asked. Maya bit her lip as Smackles intense gaze was on her. Suddenly the computer beeped causing them both to look over at it.

"What's that?" Maya asked. Smackle smiled as she read over the information.

"That would be our reason to call them back." Smackle said before she picked up the phone and started to dial while putting it on speaker.

"I'm going to go get some coffee." Maya said. Smackle acknowledged her by waving a hand over her shoulder and then going back to telling the guys what she found. Maya sighed as she walked out the door and started walking down the hall to where the break room was. She was putting a lot of though into the question that Smackle had just asked her. Maya looked down at her phone as it dinged saying she had a new message.

Riley: I'm not stupid, Maya! I know you have been ignoring me since my uncle came to be your boss. We have a lot to talk about, take a sick day or something and come and see me this week!

Maya smiled as she read the text. It's not that she was ignoring Riley, she just didn't feel like her drilling her with all the questions. Especially the one that Smackle had just asked her. The only difference between Riley and Smackle is that Riley doesn't give up. Maya sighed. Now was one of those times where she wishes she could crawl in a hole and die.
_______________________________
Wasn't the best chapter but things are about to get interesting.