Not part of the deal

"Oh, you're a pretty one." The mans finger ran down the side of Maya's face as she tried not to look disgusted.

"What did you say her name was?" The other one asked. Maya scoffed.

"I can speak for myself. Why dont you ask me instead of the warden over here." Maya nodded her head over at Peterson. The mans smile got bigger.

"She's a feisty one. I like her." He spoke smirking up and down at her. Maya rolled her eyes as she held her hand out.

"I'm Josie Baker. But you can just call me the answer to all your prayers." She smirked at them shaking her head back to get the hair out of her face. The two men shared a look before crossing their arms and staring back at her.

"And how do you figure that?" The first man asked. Maya rolled her eyes.

"First I need names, unless you want me to call you thing one and thing two from this point forward." Maya told them. Peterson bit the inside of his jaw. She was good. Both men laughed and nodded their heads.

"Oh yeah, the boss is going to love you." Maya had to keep the hatred that was already growing for the goons deep down as she just stared at them with an amused look on her face.

"Yeah well she doesnt come cheap. Come on, I want to see the money." Peterson said. Suddenly the amused smile was off her face as she snapped her head up at Peterson.

"What do you mean money?" She asked him. Peterson didnt acknowledge her though, he just kept staring at the two in front of them. The two men smirked as one went to their car and grabbed a suit case from the back seat. They sat it up on the hood of the car and popped it open. Maya's eyes widened as she saw what had to be at least half a million dollars.

"One million dollars, just like we promised." They stated. Suddenly it dawned on Maya what was going on, and this was not part of the deal.

"You're selling me?" She asked as she glared up at Peterson. Peterson glared down at her as if to tell her to shut up before looking back at the other two who now looked suspicious.

"I thought you said she understood." One of the men said as the glared at both Maya and Peterson.

"She does, or she's supposed to. Let me have a minute with her and I'm sure I can re inspire her." Peterson told them. Both men glared as they backed off a little to give them some space. Peterson turned and glared at Maya.

"You never said anything about sex trafficking being part of this organization! Nor did you mention that you would be selling me to them! Where you even planning on watching after me?" She demanded angrily at Peterson.

"You said you would do this undercover. You never asked how. We need you on the inside, we need you closer than any other woman has ever gotten." He told her. Maya poked his chest.

"I bet you didnt even tell Josh about this part. Because you knew that if he had found out that he would never allow me to do this." Maya snapped at him.

It was true. Josh would have absolutely put his foot down when it came to this. Having Maya on the inside was one thing, but actually selling her, this meant that she had to do everything they told her to do. This meant that she wouldn't have any backup.

"Agent Matthews has no part of this undercover project, this is yours. Your partner got killed by these people and now you want out?" He asked her.

"Do not try to guilt trip me right now! You lied! I could have your entire career for this!" Maya's was getting louder causing the men to look their way. Peterson glared at her.

"Shut your mouth before you get us both killed." He snapped at her. "You already signed up, you cant go back now. You will be fine, just send messages to us about whats going on the way we talked about and when we get enough we will pull you out. Its simple as that." He told her. Maya shook her head.

"I cant believe you tricked me. When my team finds out-"

"You can tell them yourselves after you bring these people down now lets go!" He told her as he grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her back over to where the two men were. Maya glared as she pulled her arm out of his grasp and looked up. "Sorry about that, Josie just had to be reminded of whose in charge." Peterson told them. Maya shook her head in disgust.

"Are you ready to go Ms. Baker? Boss gets upset when he's kept waiting." The man said as he stared down at her. Maya looked up at Peterson to give him one last glare before nodding her head. The man smiled and led her over to where the car was, he opened the door for her as Maya hesitantly got in and he shut the door back.

Maya turned to look out the back windshield at Peterson grabbing the suitcase full of money and putting it in his own car. He shook hands with the two men and then got into his car and drove off.

As Maya watched Petersons car drive off, she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach. She was on her own, she didnt have any backup. Suddenly she found herself wishing she could go back to earlier that morning when she was wrapped up in Josh's arms, there she felt safe. She wished she could somehow get in contact with Josh, let him know what was happening. But that wasn't an option.

She turned back around in her seat and closed her eyes. Deep breaths. In, out, in, out. She could do this, she had to. She was doing this for Carrie, for her family. This was for Carrie. For Carrie.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this is a bit short. I wanted to throw some intense stuff in there.