A Step In The Door

Hey you guys! It's been a hot minute! I've been super busy and super stressed with work and school that I haven't been updating regularly. So I do apologize for that, but I promise I'm still here! I have t dropped off the face of the earth, haha.
_____________________________
Josh tapped his fingers on his desk as he stared at his office phone. Maya was due to call him anytime now. Or at least someone who was associated with Maya's undercover.

Maya has been under for close to a week now and he hasn't received a single word as to how things were going. She could be dead and he wouldn't have a clue. He had hoped that they were in on this as much as Peterson led them on to believe. Josh had already been getting hammered with questions from everyone asking how Maya was doing. Although Riley was the worst. Texting and calling Josh every minute of every day it felt like. And then when Josh had stopped answering, Riley had sent Lucas to badger him until he said something.

At first they had thought Josh wasn't telling them anything because it was a top secret undercover job, but after much badgering, Josh finally came clean and told him that they knew as much as he did, nothing. This did not go over well.

"What the hell do you mean you don't know!" Farkle slammed his hand against the table that morning at the meeting table. Josh didn't make eye contact.

"It means that her contact hasn't gotten in touch with me." He said. Farkle was fuming. Everyone else looked concerned as well.

"How could you let this happen?" Farkle asked.

"Maybe it's not as bad as we think. It's only been a week, I've seen undercover cases like these, we'll be lucky if we hear from her in a month." Lucas told them. Farkle shook his head as he plopped back down in his seat.

"I know it sucks, trust me this kills me just as much as it does you. But unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about it and sitting here worrying about it is just going to drive us crazy. Maya can handle herself, we have to have faith in her." Lucas told them. Josh nodded his head slightly. He understood how Farkle was feeling, but he was the team leader. He couldn't worry about it or else they would to. He had to keep them busy and hope that he would hear from Maya soon enough.

"Let's get to work." Josh told them as Smackle started handing them each a file on a new case.
~
Maya stepped out of the shower and wrapped her towel around her. She looked at herself in the mirror. It had been a week since she had went under and she hadnt been able to find out a single thing. Although everyone had been obeying David, their boss, and leaving her alone, Maya had still yet to gain their trust.

This didnt surprise her, she knew that it would be a while before they started letting her in on things. She had been by David's side mostly, and although she hadnt been able to figure out most of what their company was up to, she seemed to pick up on the things that she was suppose to already know. Things that David had felt that she already knew.

Sextrafficing. There were women here from all different countries. Very few americans, but that wasnt surprising. They had bought all these women off of the black market, promising them freedom in America, only it wasnt freedom. Freedom in the country of which now they lived in, but slaves to the people who brought them here.

Maya had started to form somewhat of a strained relationship with one of the maids here. The one that she had stood up for when she first got here.

Lydia was from the middle east, She was a small, petite muslim woman who had bought into all this freedom garbage that these men had fed her. Lydia has a family that lives over in Iraq and they had promised her that one day she could bring her family over to live with her. She had been here for two years now and had not been allowed contact with her family since the first week that she had been here.