Thunder

Hey y'all! Hope you enjoy!
____________________________
"Ms. Hunter?" The psychologist called out ignoring the glare that I  was giving her.

"I'm sorry. What does the bombing up in Manhattan have to do with this case?" I asked trying to keep my voice at bay. I had already been interviewed about this, I didn't need another trip down memory lane.

"I'm just curious. It's been a couple of weeks since Agent Carries funeral and this is the second time in a month you have had to under go a mental examination to a persons passing." She told me as she was writing on her notepad. If looks could kill.

"That's right. I've already been through this with Carrie I don't need to do it again." I snapped causing her to raise an eyebrow at me and then write something else down.

"Do you think about the bombing often?" She asked me. I'm about seconds away from snapping her head off.

"What kind of question is that!" I yelled. "Of course I think about the bombing I was the last one to see Carrie alive!" I stood up from my seat causing her to get nervous. "I I was her partner for two years, we told each other everything!"

"Agent calm down!" She yelled. I took a deep breath while staring at her. Her chest was going up and down very fast causing me to close my eyes and take a seat. The last thing I wanted was this woman to think I was unstable. As soon as I sat down she started to write something else on her notepad. She looked at her watch and gave out a sigh. "Our hour together is almost up." She said causing me to let out a breath of relief.

"Finally. Give me my certificate or whatever so I can go back to work." I told her. She gave me a look before ripping the piece of paper and handing it to me.

"I am giving you a recommendation for a support group right down the street from here." She said. No freaking way.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I yelled at her. "I don't need a support group I am perfectly fine!" She gave me another look before smiling at me.

"If you want me to give you approval to go back to work then this is what I recommend. A couple of weeks with these people and I'll reevaluate you then." She said as she stood up and brought her hand out for me to shake. "It's been a pleasure." She said. I looked at her hand and rolled my eyes as I just turned around and walked out the door. There ain't no freaking way I'm going to shake her hand after what she just gave to me.

I ran a hand through my hair as I was fast walking out of one of our interrogation rooms and up to my desk. As I slammed the piece of paper down I looked up to see Farkle coming out with a unreadable expression.

"How did yours go?" He asked as he leaned on his own desk. I rolled my eyes as I took the paper and practically shoved it into his chest.

"Just peachy." I replied sarcastically. Farkle's eyes widened as he read the outline of it.

"You should tell Josh about this." Farkle told me causing me to scoff.

"Why? He's just going to agree with her. Then he's going to give me some lecture about how this will give me some time for my shoulder to finally heal." I said deepening my voice to make me sound more like Josh. Farkle chuckled.

"Still. Don't you owe him a visit tonight anyway?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No. Why would I?" I asked him curious. Farkle shrugged his shoulders.

"Because he delivered bad news to a little girl that was waiting for her father to come visit." I sighed as I knew Farkle was right. Josh had done my dirty work for me and to make things worse, it was the part of the job that took its toll on his the worst out of any of us.