With a heavy heart

I hope you enjoy this.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Maya woke up the next morning, she couldn't help but lay there in Josh's arms for just a few more minutes. When she looked over at her clock she knew that she would have to start getting ready if she was going to make her meeting on time. So she carefully got up from Josh's arms and quickly replaced the pillow that she was under in Josh's arms as a replacement for her.

This was something she had found out once her and Josh had started sleeping together in their relationship. Josh may have been a deep sleeper, but he could tell when she wasn't with him. Every single time she got up, it wasn't but a few minutes later that he was getting up and complaining about her not being there. That was until she replaced her self with a pillow, which only made Josh annoyed.

Maya smiled as Josh brought the pillow closer to him and snuggled deeper into it. She knew that last night had been a mistake, but Maya also knew that going into this could mean her last assignment, ever. If things didnt go well, she didnt want to leave things on a bad note with Josh.

Maya showered and got ready to go hoping that Josh wouldn't wake up until after she was gone. When she came out of the bathroom ready to go she noticed that he had buried his face where her neck would have been. Maya grabbed a paper and pen and wrote Josh a small note, leaving it on her side of the bed knowing that the first thing he would do is reach out for her once he woke up.

After making sure she had everything, she grabbed her badge and gun and walked out the door.

~
Later on that day, Josh woke up and like Maya had predicted he tossed his hand over to her side of the bed as if he would feel her. When he didnt, he sat up and looked over at the pillow. He groaned as he threw his hand back down on the pillow and sighed. He hated it when she did that. As he felt his hand around, he felt the piece of paper and narrowed his eyebrows as he brought it up to his face.

I'm really sorry that I had to leave like this, I know you used to hate it when I did. Probably still do. But I had to get to work if I was going to make my meeting on time. While I'm under they are going to place me at a safe house to be my apartment, I asked them not to tell anyone about where the location was, that included you. It's not that I dont trust you, but because I know that if anything happens you would be the first to try and get to me. I had a great time last night, you haven't missed a beat. I'm sorry that we had to end like this. I hope I'll be able to talk to you soon, but I loved the way you sent me off. Goodbye, Boing. ;)

Josh crumbled the letter up and sighed. Then after a minute, he uncrumbled it and read it over and over again. He didnt like it, it was like she was saying goodbye. And not it a 'I'll see ya later' type of way.

Josh looked over at the clock before getting up and rushing to get ready. It was eleven o'clock. Maya would be meeting with those people in an hour. He needed to get back to his office and speak to his team.

~
Farkle wouldn't look at Maya. He kept as much distance from her as he possibly could, this made Maya upset. But she knew she couldn't go into her meeting like that, so instead she sucked it up and kept going with her day. If Farkle was going to be stubborn then so is she.

At around eleven o'clock, Maya decided it was time to head to the agreed upon place with the other FBI agents to talk about what they were planning on doing for the case. To get Maya set up with protection and what she was doing. When she arrived she was greeted with the FBI Agent that was in Josh's office. The one who couldn't keep his eyes off of her. Maya rolled her eyes as she got out of the car and noticed his eyes settling on her. Again.

"Good afternoon, Agent Hunter." He smirked. Maya shook her head as she slammed her car door shut.

"Where's Peterson?" Maya asked. Peterson was the name of the head FBI agent on this case. The one that would be responsible for keeping her safe through this whole thing.

"He's over there." He nodded his head towards an old beat up car that looked nothing like the one she had seen him drive a week ago. He was also dressed it what was considered street clothes. Maya could only assume he was dressed like this to presume his role in being undercover.

"Agent Hunter." Peterson greeted her as Maya walked closer to him.

"It's Josie." She corrected him. Peterson looked pleased.

"Good. Don't slip up with your real name and you'll be just fine." He told her. He gave her a once over and narrowed his eyebrows. "Lose the badge. He told her. Maya took off her badge and handed it over to him. Peterson continued to throw it into the back of his car like it was yesterday's trash. "Are you ready for this?" He asked her. Maya nodded her head.

"I've done all my homework." She told him. He nodded at her.

"Good. These people are dangerous. If you give them any type of notation that you are someone you're not. They will kill you. So for your sake, Josie. I hope you've done good research." He called her by her fake name to get the point across. Maya nodded at him just right before a car came around the corner and started heading in their direction. "Show time." Peterson stated as he leaned against his car.

Maya took a deep breath as images of Carrie started to come forth into her brain. She watched as the car came to a stop and the doors opened. Suddenly she was faced with the memories of having to tell Carrie's children that she wouldn't be coming home, telling her family that Carrie had been killed while trying to save her life.

Two men got out of the car, and suddenly Maya had never felt so much hate in her entire life. The two men walked towards her and gave her a once over as if she was some type of meat.

"Is this her?" One of them smirked.

"She's the one." Peterson answered as he nodded towards Maya. The guy came closer and was now looking Maya straight in the eyes.

"What's your name?" He asked her.

"Josie, Josie Baker."

And so it begins.
________________________________
Craps about to go down...