The Big Blow Up

Hey everyone! I'm really sorry about the super long hiatus! But the good news is I'm done with school and I should have a lot more time to write and publish! Thank you all for being so incredibly patient with me and I hope you enjoy this!!
_____________________________
Things were tense in the office today. Maya was being prepped to go undercover starting tomorrow, and Josh was having to break in a temporary replacement for Maya on the team while she would be under.

Everyone had a stone look on their faces. Nobody wanted to face what would be going down in less than 24 hours from then.

Josh kept stealing glances at Maya, Farkle was ignoring her all together, Zay was concerned, Josh was trying to distract himself from the reality of things, Mia was keeping an eye on the tension that was going around, Lucas was the only one that was keeping his professionalism up. But even he couldn't help himself in glancing over at Maya every once in a while.

Maya on the other hand had seemed emotionless. She had kept a stern look on her face for the whole day, ignoring the tension that was going around. She had been preparing over the last couple of weeks to go under. She had talked to everyone, everyone except Farkle. Who every time she tried, he would find some excuse to not talk to her.

"I think you're ready! Meet us at the talked about location tomorrow at noon. You'll meet everyone then. Now I have to warn you, Maya. Once you go in, you're on your own. There will be no getting you out of trouble." Maya nodded her head at the undercover specialist. "You might want to say goodbye to your team tonight, contact won't be easy."

The undercover specialist bid Maya a goodbye before heading out of Josh's office door. Maya looked at Josh who was sitting on the edge of his desk with his arms crossed.

"You don't have to say anything, I already know what you're thinking." Maya told him as she sat down on the chair in front of his desk. Josh shook his head.

"No, no you don't." Maya scoffed.

"You're forgetting that we use to live together. Shared the same bed for years, we were practically one person. You don't have that kind of history with someone and not still be connected to them." Josh threw his hands up in the air.

"What do you want me to say, Maya. That you shouldn't go? That this is worth more than risking your life?" Josh asked her. Maya shook her head.

"I want you to be my team leader and support me. Mia may not have liked the idea of Carrie going under, but at least she had her back." Maya told him. Josh looked at her and sighed before running a hand through his hair.

"Maya I've been a lot of things to you, team leader is one that I'm still getting use to. I don't like you going under, I don't like you putting your life out there on the line-"

"A choice that isn't, and has never been yours. I believe that is one of the reasons we broke up." Maya met Josh's glare with one of her own. She knew that Josh hated being interrupted.

"My point is." He continued with gritted teeth. "As Josh your ex, I want nothing more than to handcuff you to this office and soundproof it so know one can hear you." He jokes dryly. Maya let out a lazy chuckle as her eyes followed him as he paced the floors. "But as your team leader, and someone who knows what taking this drug ring down can do, I think you should go under, and you're to best person for the job." Josh finally stopped pacing and turned to look at her. "I also know the kind of risks that it might take for that to happen." Maya shook her head and then let out a sigh before standing up and staring at Josh.

"I know that you care about me, and that you don't want anything bad to happen to me. If I thought that I wouldn't have to put my life out there every day then I wouldn't have become a cop, if I thought that there wasn't a possibility that I may die going on a case someday then I wouldn't have become a cop. I have made peace with that, why can't you?" Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not really the one that you have to convince of that."

~

Maya found herself standing outside of the break room where Farkle was currently making himself coffee. She sighed as she stepped in the room and closed the door and lowered the blinds as Farkle looked over his shoulder and glanced at her.

"We need to talk." She told him as she planted herself against the door as if to stop Farkle from making a run for it.

"There's nothing to talk about. I got to go check on the new girl." Farkle tried to move past her but Maya kept her ground on the door. Farkle rolled his eyes as he set his coffee cup down and rolled up the sleeves of his sweater. "Move." He demanded causing Maya to raise her eyebrows.

"Are you forgetting who the better wrestler of the two of us are?" Maya asked him amused. Farkle rolled his eyes again.

"That was high school, Maya. I'm pretty sure I could beat you in an actual fight." Farkle said. Maya grabbed his wrist and twisted it around causing Farkle to let out a yelp of pain as Maya took him to the ground and twisted his arm too. "Maya, what the hell!" Farkle yelled out as he was groaning in pain as Maya was over him with his arm and wrist being twisted.

Suddenly the door was slammed open as Josh and Zay came through with their guns drawn and a worried looking Smackle behind them.

"What are yo doing?" Josh asked as he took in the scene of Maya holding Farkle down with his arm and wrist in a hold.

"Showing Farkle here who's boss." Maya said causing Zay and Josh to holster their guns.

"Get her off!" Farkle yelled causing.

"Are you going to talk to me?" Maya asked causing Farkle to groan.

"Maya, were not in high school anymore, you cant just pin him like this." Zay said motioning to wehre she had Farkle pinned.

"Oh yeah, well if he's going to not talk to me and act like were back in high school, then so am I." Maya twisted his arm even more until she was close to breaking it.

"Maya, you're going to break his arm. You need to stop." Josh told her calmly. Maya sighed before she let go of his arm aggressively.

"Fine." She said before she stepped over Farkle's body before he got up. "Why wont you talk to me about this?" Maya asked him. Farkle had a rare look of rage on his face.

"I am not going to watch you die!" Farkle yelled at her while rubbing his wrist.

"You dont think that I can do this?" Maya asked with a look of hurt on her face.

"Carrie couldn't and she had way more experience than you! You're not invincible!" This only made Maya angrier.

"You could at least be supportive! I'm trying to stop a drug ring that could save thousands of lives and get justice for Carrie's murder! You should want these guys as much as I do!" She told him. Farkle suddenly brought his fist down on the coffee table causing a big bang.

"Not at your expense!" Josh pulled Maya back as Zay got in between her and Farkle.

"Take a walk, Farkle!" Zay said as he pushed Farkle out of the room and left Maya and Josh behind.

"Maya-" Josh turned to Maya only having her cut him off.

"You dont have to say it." She stated before she walked out. Josh took a deep breath before bringing his head back, closing his eyes, pinching the bride of his nose, and counting to ten.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey y'all! I'm seriously sick right now, so sorry if this seemed kind of rushed. Anyway, hope y'all enjoy!