chapter [19]

Jisung heard dull noises. Was it someone talking? A song? Something else? He couldn't tell at first but slowly the sound got clearer and louder. It felt like swimming up in a pool until finally breaking through the surface.

He opened his eyes instantly being blinded by the sudden lightness of the lamp above him. Everything was white... making Jisung wonder where he was. But he wasn't able to get a clear thought inside of his mind.

"Oh! Ohhhhh Jisung!"

"Calm down. He'll get a headache from your screaming."

Jisung wanted to turn his hear but there was something preventing him from doing so.

"Oh wait I'll help you." Jisung finally recognized the loud voice as Felix before the upper part of the bed he was lying on moved up until he was sitting and finally he was able to see the people in his room.
Jisung was pretty sure he was in a hospital... but why?
And why were Felix, Seungmin and Changbin here?

"Are you in pain?" Seungmin asked him while placing flowers on a small desk next to his bed.
Jisung thought for a second. He did feel his side, his neck and other parts of his body hurt but it wasn't too bad so he did his best to shake his head slightly. However that definitely hurt.

"We probably shouldn't ask him too much and start by explaining." Changbin smiled not wanting Jisung to move his head too much.
Seungmin and Felix had decided to visit Jisung directly after they came back from their class trip and ran into Changbin on the way. Everyone of them was already informed about Jisung's condition and the reason why he had these injuries in the first place.

However Jisung was still left dumbfounded. He couldn't remember what had happened or why he couldn't move his leg.
Waiting for anyone to explain he looked at all of them.

"So uhm, your right leg is broken, a bone in your right hand is fractured and 2 of your rips did break." Felix started. "Gladly they didn't puncture your lungs but it might be a bit hard to breath sometimes. You also had inner bleedings and your neck needs to be stabilized for a few days. It's been two days since you were here and you probably have to stay for another week until they'll let you go home." he sadly smiled and scratched his neck slightly.

"You know..." Seungmin continued.

"You can always talk to us when you're feeling bad, okay? We might not know each other well but you're not alone Jisung." he quietly added with a bright smile. Jisung really appreciated what he said but it seemed somehow weird to him. Why would they suddenly be so nice to him, say things like these... the fact alone that they visited him in hospital was something that Jisung had never experienced before.

'Why?' He formed with his mouth and noticed that it came out as a whisper. Very quiet... and probably no one of the people in here really heard him but there surely was a sound. It was only then that he remembered that he couldn't talk... what was that right now?

"Why? What do you mean?" Seungmin was confused about the other's question when he got an idea.

"You mean why you are here? I heard the doctor saying you might not remember what happened before the accident..." he wondered and looked up for a second before giving both Felix and Changbin a weird stare.

"I'm... not sure if we're the right people to tell you this though..." he slowly added making Jisung even more curious.

Was it that serious?

"Who else will, idiot?" Felix bumped his friend's shoulder before taking a deep breath.

"Jisung... you... jumped down from the roof 2 days ago. You were lucky you fell into some bushes in the rose garden. It weren't rose bushes though... gladly." It was like Felix tried to calm himself down with his words because it was obviously not something that he was fond about telling Jisung.