chapter [26]

A week after Jisung had heard about the news with Hyunjin's dating rumor he finally had the guts to go outside again... at least he tried to tell himself that it was like that.
Even though his face had been blurred on all the web articles and Hyunjin's entertainment had already posted a statement Jisung still felt highly uncomfortable when thinking about the possible scenario that someone might still recognize him. The first few days after it was posted the boy couldn't ignore the hateful comments that were directed toward him for apparently only using Hyunjin for money or whatever.
Of course, he knew that this was a misunderstanding and that Hyunjin and him were only friends but yet it hurt and it had caused Jisung a few panic attacks especially when people claimed to know him.

With the help of Hyunjin who had called him and Felix who had made sure to distract him Jisung had managed to calm down a bit now.

But he couldn't remember when he agreed to hangig out with Chan, Changbin and Felix in a theme park until they were in front of the VIP entrance where luckily no one was around.

"So, I don't wanna third wheel here so I'll stay with Jisung when you guys decide to run away." Chan stated giving Felix and Changbin who were both studying a map of the theme park, a cold stare.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Changbin remarked not paying attention when they continued their way into the park.

"I chose this park because there is a bit that Jisung can do despite his injuries here." Felix explained and joined Jisung's side to show him a list of all the events.
By now Jisung could use crutches because his hand was better but he still preferred his wheelchair. Walking like this was exhausting. Why did they even want to bring him to a theme park like this?!

"Aaand" Chan added. "It's not as crowded as in summer because it's too cold to use the water roller coasters yet." He wanted to cheer Jisung up and made sure to walk slow enough. 

They spent quiet a while going around places, sitting in these couple boats, doing lottery and more but at some point when Jisung was at the end of his strength he started feeling someone watching him. Anxiously he turned around but there was no one.

"Is everything alright?" Chan asked while the both of them were sitting down in a small and open tram that would bring them to the ice café in the park where they'd meet up with the couple again.

"Yeah..." Jisung answered and turned around again. Yet, the feeling of someone following them didn't leave him after that.
He kept turning around again and again but there was no person looking at them, no one suspicious...

"Jisung, you're most definitely not alright." Chan pulled him out of his thoughts and put a hand on his shoulder while the tram was stopping at the 3rd stop.

"Please tell me what bothers you..." he pleaded and patiently waited for Jisung's answer while the boy stared at him with big eyes.

"Chan... w- what if the murderer is free? What if he escapes the prison? What if he followed me here? He'll try to kill me! He'll-"

"Jisung!" Chan slightly raised his voice at him and proceeded to talk insistenty without giving him a chance to say anything further.

"Look at me. You're gonna do as I do, alright? Take a deep breath... hold it... and breath out again."
Jisung was completely caught of guard but he did as Chan told him to. Things like this used to happen to him when he didn't have difficulties talking yet. He'd speak faster and faster, forgetting to breath resolving in a panic attack or passing out in the worst cases. Usually, this had happened during therapy when he was faced with his fears...

"Now look around you again. There is no one following us, Jisung. The murderer is thousands of miles away in a special security prison in Busan for the rest of his life. And even if he managed to escape the police would know faster than he could even arrive here, okay? Feeling like you are followed is not unusual when being in public places while still coping with trauma." He smiled at the younger and patted his back before Jisung unconsciously grabbed his hand.