chapter [7]

"Minho dear, did you sleep well?" Lady Lee turned around to her son who had just entered the dining room and went over to her with a calm smile.

His relationship with his mother wasn't necessarily good but not because he didn't like her but because she had pushed her son's love away since he was a child saying he'd get soft otherwise so the boy saw his mother like any other person that he was close with but didn't really felt anything for.
Minho did not regret having grown up like this though.

"Yes, I slept really good." He halfly lied since he never slept enough to begin with.

"So, is there anything you want from me?" He said maintaining his nice tone and took a seat next to his mother.

"Well, you know that your well being is always my number one priority." she started and Minho began to feel suspicious immediately. If a conversation started like this, it usually wouldn't end to his favor.

"And as the future heir of the Lee business it is important to start with a strong set up and secured success."
Minho followed her words and nodded.

"I'm aware of that." He replied and his mother smiled at him.

"Yes I know. And that is why you have to marry."
The brunette was lost for words for a second when he heard his mother saying that.

"Marry? Mother, I'm only 20 years old and it'll take at least 7 years until I'll completely inherit the company." He begged and stared at the woman with pleading eyes.

"But you'll start owning part of it soon. It won't be a marriage out of love but for business reasons. That way you're not bound to do anything with the girl. She is very pretty though. A real beauty."

"You already decided who I'm gonna marry?!" Minho couldn't believe his ears. Even though he suspected that something like this might happen one day, he didn't think it'd be so soon.

"Of course! I've been staying in contact with Mrs. Kang for a long time now. She is a french Lady who is married to the CEO of Kang industries. Their daughter is 17 years old now and her name is Apolline. As you know I'll be gone until sunday in 3 days. Actually I'll be visiting them in France and accompany Miss Apolline and her mother to Korea. She'll be attending school here." Lady Lee explained watching the water in her glass before she took a sip.

"17? Mom, she is not even an adult yet! Don't you care about what I think about all of this?!"

"I told you to never call me mom, didn't I make it clear enough?!" She turned her head, her eyes gleaming with a presence that would make most people crawl under her feet.

"And it is not your decision to make! The success of our business should be more important than your personal preferences. This discussion has ended." She raised her voice and stood up to leave her son alone at the table.

Minho still couldn't believe all of this and aggressively slammed his hand on the table.
The thought of marriage was horror to him. He hated being bound to someone especially if he didn't even know them. His life should be luxurious and free to do what ever he wanted with who ever he wanted.
Ending up like his mother, with a man that she didn't love was something that he'd never want.

"I HATE THIS!" He kicked away his chair and ran out of the dining hall.

His day was ruined... totally ruined.
Whatever might come. He had to see what this girl would be like and if there was no other way he'd just make her want to leave as soon as she arrived here.

...

Gladly, in the late afternoon Minho received a message that his friends finally arrived. To be honest he was bored to death, not even Felix could lift his mood with his unbelievable stupidness so being able to hang out was the best thing the boy could hope for.