chapter [2]

"Always remeber Jisung, if there is anything you are having trouble with, aunt Dahyun is here to help you."
Jisung's aunt cheered with a smile and held his cold hands to warm them up.

They were sitting in a fancy looking car driving through the busy streets of Seoul in the early morning hours after she had picked him up from the hospital.

To Jisung, she was pretty much a stranger and he only remembered having seen his aunt on pictures.
She wasn't as young as Jisung expected her to be... 28 years old. She talked to him nicely like a friend would probably do and Jisung could see that she was probably trying to cheer him up with her words but the boy didn't have the nerve talking to a stranger, right now. He didn't even feel enough energy to properly listen to what she said nor could he honestly appreciate the fact that she took him in.

Jisung would never get as close as friendship with her anyway. He couldn't even talk to her...
so in the end he just nodded putting on the best smile he could afford even if it pained him. Jisung wasn't even sure if she expected him to smile.

"Don't worry... the Lee family is not as bad as everyone sais." She added and turned around to speak to the driver.

This morning the hospital had released Jisung in what they called a stable condition. However, stable was a word that the boy didn't even think about... he knew that at some point all the emotions that he was surpressing would break down on him... and he wasn't prepared for that.
The doctor had told his aunt about his inability to speak for the moment and that Jisung would probably need a little time to open up if he'd get therapy, so the mutism was only temporary.

Right now he was in a mental state where he couldn't live alone nor attend university at the moment. And there was no way he'd go into a clinic or some hospital for psychos so the hospital had no other choice but to release him... it was his own decision and so his only option was to stay with his aunt.
The doctor also told Jisung that his post-traumatic stress disorder did get a lot worse, experiencing another traumatic event so he had to give his best to not fall back to old habits that he had overcome over the last years like self destructive and aggressive behaviour.

Lost in thoughts Jisung let his eyes wander over the scenery outside.
The car had left the city center and was on a road leading up a small hill. Trees covered in leaves combined with the yellow light of the morning sun gave away a calming and warm vibe that Jisung tried to capture in his mind. Autumn was his favourite season of the year... especially mornings like today, when the wind let yellow and orange leafs rain down on the grass that was covered in hoar frost and when the sun was painting everything in a shimmering gold.

The Lee Family had to be very rich that they could afford a house in such a beautiful scenery near the city. Jising kept imagining how life would be like there from now on. He was used to always living somewhere else before being thrown away so he already started telling himself to think of options if he'd leave this place. However, the mansion that was rising up in front of his eyes surpassed all of his imaginations.
The car stopped in front of a huge gate that opened on its own as soon as Dahyun stepped out of the car on the path.
"Come on." She waved her hand to sign her nephew to follow her and keeping a straight face Jisung did what he was told to.

The cold air hit the boy's face and let his body shiver for a moment.
'Being dressed in just jeans and a black hoodie might have been too less.' He thought but didn't have the energy to reconsider his choice of clothes.
Instead Jisung observed his surroundings very closely. It was like his senses had become extra sensitive since what happend 3 days ago.
Every noise that he didn't immediately know the origin of, made him flinch. Behind every of these perfectly cut bushes he feared something else that could potentially hurt him.