chapter [35]

Jisung's phone started ringing when him and Dahyun set foot out of the mansion. They had been kicked out the next morning and basically were thrown on the streets with all their belongings. 5 suitcases and a few bags were next to them so carrying anything was out of the question.
They did have enough money to rent an apartment but there was no way they could get one this fast.

Dahyun had already convinced Jisung that she wasn't angry at him and that they would find something to live for sure. Apparently, she had thought about quitting her job some time ago but kept doing it for the sake of Jisung. The boy felt a little better after hearing that but being cut of like that from a life he had just started half a year ago felt extreme.

"You should take that." Dahyun mumbled pointing at Jisung's phone. He saw Jeongin's name on the screen so the younger pressed the green button and held it next to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Jisung! I think explaining this right now is unneccessary but Minho called about what happened and I'll take you to your home for now if that's okay with you." Jeongin hastily explained leaving Jisung dumbstruck for a second.

"But... what about your mother?" He nuzzled unsure how all of this fit together. Mrs Yang would never let Jisung stay...

"It was actually easy to convince her. You should know she does still care about you, Jisung. She just feels very guilty I think and she doesn't know how to deal with that. Anyways, I'm right around the corner so just wait for us a few minutes."
With that Jeongin ended the call and the other was left in a state of confusion, shock and something that came close to being relieved.

"Jisung? Was that your friend? What happend?" Dahyun's worried voice pulled him out of his thoughts as she curiously made eye contact.

"You know Jeongin, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There are some things, I haven't told you about him yet... but most importantly... we have somewhere to go now." Jisung smiled at her and soon started to explain.

...

About 5 minutes later, Jeongin and his driver had arrived right in front of them at the street and quickly packed all their things in the back of the car.

"Hi there! I'm Jeongin." The boy greeted from the front seat and signed the others to get inside.

"And y- you're Jisung's half brother?" Dahyun questioned still feeling puzzled when Jisung held the door open for her.

"Yeah but shhhhh we don't want anyone else to know yet, do we?" He lowered his voice and Dahyun quickly caught on. Jisung's friends apart from Jessi and Avery didn't know about and neither did Minho. The opportunity to tell him just never came and Jisung didn't want to make it a big shock for everyone.

"Jeongin, and you're sure this is okay?" Jisung asked when they drove off but the younger again assured him that everything was fine.

"We'll help you find a new job and apartment if you want but as long as you have no where to go you can stay there." Jeongin explained while the other two closely listened.

When they arrived Lady Yang wasn't there to greet him but they were led to two guests rooms where they could sleep. They were also given directions where to go to eat lunch. Jisung remembered his brother saying that they'd talk about the details at lunch with his mother and he found himself not fearing it as much as he thought.

There was just too much going right now to waste much energy on his relationship with his mother. Chan and Hyunjin were still gone and he couldn't easily see Minho anymore. After he'd marry Appoline there was no way the older had the time nor was allowed to care about him anymore. Jisung would be forgotten by him for sure...