chapter [28]

To Jisung's relief Jessi's shop had only a few costumers and she immediately pulled him inside when she noticed that something was wrong.

"Hun, give me five minutes. I'll be right with you." She hugged him lightly knowing that Jisung wasn't exactly comfortable with hugging yet and lead him upstairs at the back of her shop where she was living.

"Avery is up there baking right now, I hope that's not a problem. He comes visiting quiet a lot. I promise I'll be right there." she added and opened the door for Jisung who nodded.

"It's fine... thank you for being there... to talk." he answered and Jessi patted his back with a gentle smile before leaving to go back to the shop and take care of her costumers.

Meanwhile Jisung walked through the entrance door and entered the living room. The fact that this apartment had a normal size for once calmed him down a bit. It was still bigger than average but he liked it.

The kitchen was open so Jisung could make out Avery decorating small cupcakes with pink frosting and strawberries.
Last time Jisung had seen her she gave of massive bad boy vibes making her look intimidating in a way but right now with her hair clipped back and wearing an oversized hoodie she looked cute in a way. (Avery goes by any pronouns)

"Oh, hey Jisung!" she greeted and waved her hand while knocking over a cupcake in the process.

"Oh... guess I'll have to eat that one." she shrugged but quickly shifted her attention back on Jisung who stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"How about you sit down here and help me a bit with these cupcakes. Jessi told me that you texted her and you look like you just experienced something definitely not pleasing..." she thought out loud and pulled a chair to the kitchen table for him to sit before handing him a bowl with strawberries.

"Is it... that obvious?" Jisung laughed to himself but there was no happiness in that laugh.

"For me it is." Avery smiled encouraging him.

"So, place these strawberries on top of the frosting and spill a bit about your situation if you feel comfortable about it. I'll listen." She offered and pointed at one of the cupcakes before taking a red sweet strawberry from the bowl and placing it on top.

"You see? Like this." She added and Jisung looked at what she did and just copied her actions. He didn't even know how he ended up suddenly baking cupcakes but it surely helped him not drowning in his thoughts.

"Uhm... you know Jeongin?" Jisung silently asked and Avery thought for a second but nodded.

"Yang Jeongin? He's that little cute kid that's friends with the devil and his gang." She stated as a matter of fact and Jisung needed a few seconds to realize that she probably meant Minho and the others.

"Yeah right... I was at his home a few hours ago and turns out his mother is my mother."

Avery dropped her frosting and her eyes widened when she turned around to Jisung.

"Bro, I expected anything but damn that's something huge like... tell me more." she looked at him with big eyes and rested her hand on her head while popping a strawberry into her mouth.

Soon later Jessi joined them and Jisung ended up telling them about what happened at Jeongin's house. He didn't feel comfortable going as far as to tell them why his mother had such a bad realtionship with him but both of them quickly caught on and didn't ask further questions regarding that.

After some time they found themselves all sitting on the floor and Jessi and Avery where desperately trying to make him realize that he needed to talk this out.