chapter [36]

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when the call suddenly ended and stared at his black screen realizing how his phone had just died on him.
'I should have charged it...' Jisung sighed in thoughts and put the device back into the pocket of his coat to pay for the bottle of coke that he bought himself.

What did Minho want from him though? Why showing him a random picture of a man? Was this some kind of plan they already came up with... Jisung didn't like it. Everything was so complicated already and if they'd try again it could end up worse.

With an uncomfortable feeling in his chest Jisung went out of the convenience store and sat down next to it on some bench. Minho said he should stay somewhere with many people and this road was more or less crowded. Of course Jisung didn't know the exact reason for it but Minho wanting to know where he was and telling him to not stay alone made him slightly scared. He wanted to rather hide at the moment than stay in a crowd and it would also be more saver.

Meanwhile Minho freaked out totally and almost let Felix phone drop.

"I need to got where he is! Immediately! GOD DAMN SEUNGMIN DO SOMETHING." He yelled at the younger and his brother who was just as scared as him.

"Minho, yelling won't get you anywhere! I'll contact my people immediately and the police will probably be involved in it soon too. They'll handle it for sure." he tried assuring the older but there was no way that this let Minho calm down. In total fury he ran to his door, smashed it open and punshed both guards so hard in the face that he had enough time to run. They were about to chase after him when Seungmin took them down with a clean hit on their neck area so they fell unconscious.

Minho wasn't stopped by anything. In a hurry he exited the building and sat down in his car to start the motor and drive of.

"MINHO WAIT!" Seungmin yelled after him but it was already too late and the older didn't pay attention neither to Seungmin nor anyone else. Even street lights and bypassing cars wher invisible to him when he drove down into the city.
He'd not let Jisung get hurt ... not again. What convenience store did Jisung mention again? Minho remembered it immediately and continued driving over the speed limit until he got into traffic jam somewhere right in the middle of the city. The convenience store was just a few blocks away so he didn't waste time to jump out of the car, just letting it stay on the road and ran down the pedestrian path like a mad man.

People were glaring at him and he felt his lungs burning with exhaustion.
Then finally he spotted the convenience store from afar and stopped for a second to catch his breath.
There was a crowd of people in that area but the boy could get a glimpse of a familiar boy with a dark blue scarf.

"Jisung!?" Minho breathed out and pushed himself a little up to finally see the younger piecefully sitting on a bench right next to the store.

It felt like a heavy weight was lifted from Minho's shoulders when he saw the younger fine and waiting for him. He literally felt like crying at the moment but that wouldn't help.

"Ji-!" He was about to yell his name when something heavy hit his head from behind. The pain was numbing and Minho felt his legs give in when fell over as dark spots appeared in his view.

Someone had just knocked him over... in a place crowded of people someone had actually knocked him over. It felt so ironic being outplayed like this after thinking everything was fine for a second. It was so cruel... and Minho felt so stupid all of a sudden.

...

Minho woke up to the sounds of water dripping and his head hurting painfully. He pushed himself up from what seemed to be a dirty mattress thrown on an even more dirty and partly wet floor. It was like a really tiny room with brown-greyish and rough cement walls on each side except... there where iron bars in a grid at one side of it showing a larger basement room with all kinds of pipes along the walls, a bed, a desk with a lamp, a fridge and some clothing.