Starting a new life

"Here you go, Prim. Make sure to apply it before bed and let it dry." I said to my client. Prim was a loyal, regular client of mine. She's been coming to me ever since I opened my own office for when I graduated from medical University in Italy.

My name is Phoebe Lorin. I am 36 years old and a Doctor of Skin and Beauty, a Dermatologist. I graduated from Univeiry when I was 28 so I have 8 years of experience.

"Thanks, Phebbie. You're a life saver." Prim hugged me. I hugged her back. She's now 19 years old and found me when she was 16. I remember he having very bad achne and pimples on her nose and forehead so I helped her. Gave her creams, droplets of medicine, needles to get out the water pimples and such.

Ever since then she is my regular customer and a good friend. I know, it's weird for a grown woman to be friends with a teenager but let me live.

Prim paid my friends at the cashier who works for me; Riley and George. They're in college but live alone in their flats, so of course they needed part time jobs. They came to me and told me they were also medicine students and want to be Dermatologists. So I took them as my apprentices and cashiers.

When I have clients I let them watch me examine them from the invisible window that me and my client can't see but they can. George is 22 and Riley is 19. The two are like my punter siblings that I never had.

I was an only child to a single father. My mother died giving brith to me and my father raised me on his own. He was an engineer and so I lived a wealthy life. Had everything I needed. Even though my mother's presence was absent, my aunties made sure I could have a mother figure.

My mother had 4 sisters and my dad one. In total I had 5 mother figure in my life but yet I still wanted to have my mother. My father lived a good life and died peacefully in his sleep 7 years ago. I was devastated but i had it coming. After all, my parents had me in a late age.

My mother was 45 and my father was 49. He died at the age of 78. He lived the fullest and had told me everyday he was proud of me and told me he loved me. I made him proud by getting into a good university and have a good job. I just wished he had more time so he could walk me down the aisle.

I am so single that I practically will take anyone out if they want me.

I walked into my office and took off my white coat and glasses. Wearing my cream colored coat and my hand bag. Checking the time; 9:05. Locking my drawers then the office door.

"Alright, you two. I need to get going."

"So early?" Riley asked me.

"I have a meeting at 6 tomorrow morning so I need to wake up at 4."

"You girls need THAT much time to get ready? Sheesh." George, that brat, whistled. Riley smacked him at the back of his head and I patted her head.

"Be sure to lock this place by 10 and please be careful when you go home."

"Yes, Phoebe. Good night."

"Good night." I waved my hand at them.

As I walked out, the night was out. It was winter so it got dark by 6 PM, sometimes even 5 PM. I took out my phone and noticed a commercial pop up in my google.

New chapter of 'Who Made Me A Princess' chapter 103 is out!

My old ass is reading manga's? Yes. Watching anime? Yes. Fuck you to anyone who will say I'm too old to do these. As I clicked it, I noticed a bright light and a loud noise of a car? Directed at me. My head tilted to the side and I saw a huge truck driving fast towards me-

CRASH

First I felt nothing, then I felt everything.

"AAAAHHHHH!"

"SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

"SHE'S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD!"

"PHOEBE! NO!"

"PLEASE, PLEASE NO!"

I heard my two apprentices cry near me, my eyes blurry and my ears started to ring. My legs dangled to the opposite side that they should be. Red filing my vision, I couldn't move.

Is this what they mean when they say 'my life flashed before my eyes'? Cause-

I can see my dad and my younger self laughing in the park ... will I see him and mom?

Blackness took over my vision and just like that-

It was as if I went to a deep sleep.

I dreamt I was in a garden. Picking flowers, wearing a beautiful dress and my hair styled into a pretty ponytail.

"Mama!"

My body and mouth moved on its own.

"Yes, sweetie?" I looked at a little boy with golden blonde hair and lovely sparkling eyes like a sea of jewels.

"Here." He shyly showed me a stack of flowers in huis hands. My lips turned into a smile and said softly.

"Why thank you, baby." I kneeled to him.

"Flowers are pretty like mama!"

"Aww, sweetie. You're more pretty than flowers then!" I scooped him in my arms and pampered his face in kisses. The little boy giggled and kissed my cheek.

"Well aren't you two having fun." A man said behind me. The little ebony's eyes lit up.

"Father? Brother!"

Who was he? Who was that man in which I heard his voice? What's going on?