Our affair

My hard work paid off and my body was getting stronger. The hollows of my cheeks were filling to Rosy chubby cheeks. My arms and legs now had good layer of fat and muscles. The color of my skin went from pale to peachy color and my hair loss was decreasing.

While doing my work the village heard about my talent and slowly I had people coming to me seeking for help. Soon enough when they saw my help actually works, they'd pay me. With that I asked the construction workers in the village to build my own clinic.

It would take three weeks to built it so until then I'd have my clients in my house. As I was making another herbal soup, I heard a knock at the door.

"The doors open!"

Thinking it would be another client, I didn't bother looking to see who it was so i said.

"Tell me where you have pain or what you want me to help with." I said loudly.

"Actually, I was just here to check up on you."

The facial room voice of a man made me straighten my back and snap my head to confirm who I thought it was. It was Sir Knight. I immediately bowed.

"There's no need for that." He chuckled. Jeez, even his voice made my spine shiver.

"I wasn't expecting to see you again, Sir Knight." I said, slowly raising to get a better look at him.

Of course. Handsome. Did he become more handsome or is it because I was with a good man? I saw his eyes widen for a bit as he scanned my face. Right, last time he saw me I was almost a zombie. I smiled.

"Notice anything?" I teased. He smiled charmingly.

"You look more lively." That damn smile.

"Yes, I've been improving my health with the herbs I collect."

"So the rumors are true." He said, crossing his leg over the other.

"Rumors? Of me helping people?"

"That you're a herbalist."

It was mandatory to make our own medicine back in my uni, at first I did want to be a nutritionist but it was boring. A herbalist was also in my mind but we have discovered most of the herbs already and we have pharmacies so I went for dermatology.

"Well I wouldn't say it's my expertise." I shrugged. The knight looked curious.

"Oh? So what is your expertise?"

"Skin and Beauty." I said simply. He hummed.

"A Dermatologist?"

"Yep."

"That's concerning."

I was kinda offended.

"Excuse me?" My tone sounded annoyed. The Knight raised his hands up in defense.

"I didn't mean to offend you however that sort of studying is only available for ... well-"

I cut him off.

"For higher statuses? It's 'concerning' that a commoner had education? What are you going to do? Send me to prison for helping people with my skills?" Now I was pissed.

The man sighed, he stood up and walked to me.

"Of course not. I was just curious on how you have gotten education that's all."

"So if I told you I stole books from schools would you send me to prison? Oh amazing sir Knight?" I mocked the last part.

The man knew I was lying go about me stealing so he- bowed his head?

"I apologize for my rudeness." He said.

I stared at him before huffing.

"Raise your head, you're making me seem like the bad guy."

"I would never-"

"Ever heard of joking?" I playfully hit his shoulder him. He seemed to have calmed won and smiled. I smiled back but then realized-

"I never got your name. I can't keep calling you Sir Knight the whole time, can I?"

His face wavered a bit before answering.

"Athan. You can call me Athan, my lady."

"In that case, please, call me Phoebe."

With that a friendship was formed.

Athan had asked me not to tell anyone about him which was suspicious until he told me he didn't want the villagers to panic or see me as someone that is 'using' my talent in a bad way. It kinda made sense but nonetheless I had to be wary of him. Looks can be deceiving.

The next few months went by like a breeze and my now I am feel great. My energy, immunity, health and beauty are all on top tier. Brianna and Brea blossomed beautifully and I am proud. My clinic wasn't as big or as fancy back home but it was good enough for this time and era. The whole village now knows me as a healer.

Athan would come visit me during weekends at the forest. He would help me gather herbs and I'd educate him about them. Of course, now, I have a tiny crush on him. Who wouldn't tho? He's handsome, funny, smart, honest and generous. You don't find all of those in a man because they're rare. Hehe.

The times he would come, my heart would flutter at the sigh of him. There were times when we were playfully flirting with each other-

But this time I got in too deep.

Athan had brought me alcohol from one of his patrols in a town and got me three bottles. Gosh, I needed it. I don't get easily drunk but I'm not strong either. The girls were out to visit their uncle so I had Athan over. I may or may have not drank a couple glasses of it. I think it was whiskey since it felt familiar in my mouth.

The handsome man was brewing tea whilst i was on the table watching him. I took down the glass of whisky in one gulp and that's when he asked me.

"How would you like your tea?"

"As hot as you." Drunk Phoebe has taken over. Athan looked over to me and noticed my flushed face and the empty glass in my hand. He smiled and said.

"I'll make it as sweet as you."

So he wants to play, Huh? Challenge accepted.

"Please make it smell as Devine as your cologne."

"How about as some cookies? Sweet things for a sweet lady."

"Oh, I'm no where near being a lady."

Athan leaned over the table, one arm on the table and one on his hip. Smirking at me as got closer.

"Oh? How so?"

"Well let's say I have no proper manners. If I want something, I'll get it."

"Hmm. Then why don't you get what you want?"

"You asked for it." I grabbed the collar of his shirt and jumped from my chair to crash my lips on his.