Peace? Sike

LET'S GO BACK TO A FEW WEEKS LATER...

3RD PERSON POV

Month 3.

Phoebe was given etiquette lessons and the history of the Obelian family. Every day Anastacius would sneak out of his palace or his mothers grasp just to visit Phoebe and see the swollen belly that got bigger and bigger. It was adorable to see the little prince to see him touch her belly so softly and talk to his baby brother.

Athan still didn't understand how Phoebe could be so sure that they were having a boy. They had a conversation about it.

"It would've been nice to have a mini you around." The Emperor sighed, skimping from his tea. Phoebe hummed.

"I'd love a either a girl or boy. However I know it's a boy so suck it up."

"Your words hurt me."

"How are you an emperor?"

"You don't wanna know."

However. Life couldn't just let Phoebe have moments of peace. A nice day to walk around with a lose robe designed to be a dress.

 A nice day to walk around with a lose robe designed to be a dress

Walking with two of her maids that became good friends with her. The weather was hot but there was a light breeze. As they walked they heard lots of footsteps but ignored it. Until-

"Well aren't you bold." A scoff was heard. The three turned around and two of the maids gasped. Bowing immediately and saying.

"Blessings and Glory upon the Moon of Obelia! We greet her majesty, the Empress!"

Shit. Phoebe thought as she also tired to bow. Bowing as best as her belly could go.

"Blessings and Glory Upon the moon of Obelia." Phoebe said.

The Empress and the mother of Anastacius. A woman with black hair and eyes. Pale skin and sharp features. She was gorgeous. However her name was never mentioned in the manwha.

"So you're the lowly commoner that caught his majesty's attention? How ... peculiar." She smirked.

Great. First time meeting and she already hates me. Phoebe thought. Her eye twitching. Two guards and four ladies-in-waiting were with the Empress.

"Haven't you been living the luxury of having his attention? Soon enough he'll toss you aside." Her eyes locked with Phoebe's belly.

Instinctively Phoebe place a protective hand on her stomach and continued her bow. She didn't want to go on her nerves- even though she didn't do anything.

"Is there a problem here?" An emotionless tone caught their attention.

Turning their heads they saw Athan in a royal suit, a long cape. Richard and Lucius by his side in fancy suits as well as two more guards. Everyone bowed.

"Blessings and Glory Upon the sun of Obelia." They said.

"Empress." Athan called out. His jeweled blue eyes boring into her black one. A staring contest later his eyes landed on Phoebe who was still bowing.

"Isn't it a bit too cruel for you to make a pregnant woman bow like that?"

"My status is way higher than hers so of course she has to bow like that." The empress's tone was venomous.

Phoebe gulped as she realized that Athan was a totally different person with other people. He was a copy of Claude- no. Claude was a copy of him. He has two sides. The flirty, charming and sweet side of him was taken by Anastacius. The cold, emotionless and dangerous side of him taken by Claude.

Athan walked over to Phoebe and raised her head and body so she stopped bowing. Placing his hand gently on her belly. He frowned.

"Take her to the physician for her monthly check up." Athan ordered Richard.

"Yes, your majesty. Follow me, my lady." Phoebe nodded.

As she followed him, she tunred her head slightly to see the Empress glaring daggers to her. Amazing. Now let's wait for the bullying. She thought to herself and rubbed her belly. She's not allowed anywhere near you, dearest. I'll make sure of it. She thought with determination.

"Everything is ship shape. Your baby is healthy and so are you. Keep up the great work, my lady." Doctor Kianna smiled.

"Thank goodness." Phoebe sighed in relief. Peter then gave her a cup.

"This is a fruit smoothie. Just how you like it, my lady."

"You're too sweet, Peter. Strawberries and Kiwi?"

"Yep."

Phoebe ruffled his hair and drank the smoothie slowly. Smiling sweetly as the taste made her moan. Kianna laughed and patted her shoulder.

At night Phoebe was pacing back and forth. A notebook in her hand and a pen, scribbling and writing her plans. In her soft night gown and her hair braided. It got longer, until her shoulders you could say.

Plan A, get along with the Empress. Scratch it.

Plan B, live peacefully. Fucking impossible in this world.

Plan C, follow the storyline but protect Claude and Anastacius. I have to do it.

Nodding to herself she set aside the notebook in her drawer and locked it. She wouldn't worry about anyone reading it since she wrote it in English and the English language doesn't exist in this world.

"My little Claude ... I'll try my best to protect you, sweetheart ... ." Mumbling to herself and almost dozed to sleep.

"Auntie? Are you sleeping?" A small voice asked.

Phoebe opened her eyes and saw Anastacius peeking in her room with concern in his eyes. She sat up and smiled at the little prince.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping by now, your highness? It's past your bedtime and a child needs their rest to grow. Come in."

Anastacius came inside and hopped to her bed. His eyes shining in worry as he asked.

"I heawd mwother met you today. Awe you okway?"

How did that woman make such a sweet boy? Phoebe thought. She patted his head and said gently.

"Of course, I'm fine. Your mother doesn't like me that much so I'll try to avoid her. We're you worried about your bother as well?"

Anastacius nodded quickly.

"Yes! Always! Hi, Claude!" He waved at her belly. Giggling she pinched his cheeks and said.

"You better go to sleep if you want to grow up healthy and strong like your father." Even though he's an owl and I'm pretty sure he's either a vampire or showers in virgin blood, there's no way he looks that good.

"Okway! Night night!"

"Night night, sweetie." She waved at the little prince. Once he left, she looked down to her belly and said.

"Your bother is a very kind child, darling."