ONE SHOT part 2

"Let's walk to them, shall we? And tell me all about yourselves."

"Okay!"

Phoebe walked with her two granddaughters with Lucas and Ijekiel following them from the back. Roger was close to Phoebe as he talked about his era even though Phoebe knew half of what was happening to them. She ever knew about Roger's family.

Everyone watched as Athanasius showed no mercy to his sons at sparring.

"The two of you dropped swordsmanship completely. I'm disappointed." Athanasius touted as he clashed his sword against Claude's by surprise and kicked Anastacius's leg and made him stumble back.

"You can't always rely on magic or others. So far all you've done is disappoint me by how far you've shown me."

Damn that stung.

Claude and Anastacius glanced a teacher. Silently having a conversation before the two of them switched places and jumped high up in the air. Both had their swords above their heads as they were ready to beat their father.

Athanasius smirked and glanced at Phoebe.

"Be gentle." She mouthed. Athanasius shrugged.

As they were about to clash their father. Athanasius dodged them and sped behind them. Claude and Anastacius's eyes widened.

They're screwed.

Athanasius kicked both his sons to the ground and held them down by summing four swords and trapped their sleeves. Now they were glued to the ground. Phoebe hummed.

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone beat him."

Athanasius, Jeanette and Ijekiel were in awe. Lucas was just straight up bored.

The woman who claims to be the emperors mother and Athanasia's grandmother was too familiar to him. As if he met her a long time ago. He was silent the whole time they were summoned in the different time line.

Digging through his memory. He recalled a faint memory.

"Such a frail and weak woman like yourself is trying to go against an empress? How foolish."

"Well, a mother would do anything to keep her child safe. As of right now I fear for my son."

"Why not leave, then? He's not the crown prince and you've been cast aside by the emperor. I'm sure no one would stop you."

The woman giggled.

"Harsh but true. The emperor once cared for me but now ... I do not know why he keeps me around. However I'd like to keep my son away from that vile woman."

"Hmm. You have no power, barely can use magic, weak body, how exactly do you plan on keeping your son safe?"

"I don't know. But nevertheless, I'll keep on trying until I succeed."

"You'll get yourself killed that way."

"If it means my son will be fine. Then I have no fear of death."

Lucas scoffed. Just like HIM. She was hopeless but why ... why can't she just come along with him? Leave that brat. Tt. Go die for all I care.

He paused at that memory. Staring at the woman who was smiling as brightly as Athanasia. He recognized her.

A concubine taken by the emperor. Gave birth to a second prince. Cast aside when she was bedridden. Harassed and bullied by the empress. A pathetic woman who all she wanted to do was keep her son safe. So why-