Are you falling too deep?

Cleaning Athanasia up, having Lilian hire someone for milk, making sure the maids do their job properly.

Phoebe remembers the maids not doing their job well in the beginning of the chapters so she ordered them that if they did their job very well done then they'll be paid good as well.

She watched the sleeping baby in the crib, sound-fully. Staring at the barley one day old baby.

"I'll come visit later tomorrow or after tomorrow. Lilian, I officially give you the title of being the princess's nanny and care taker." Phoebe said, looking at lily.

She bowed.

"I'm honored, madam."

"... goodnight, my sweet. Good night, Lillian."

"Have a good night, madam."

Phoebe left the ruby palace. She felt empty. As if it really didn't feel like Diana was gone. At first she was a fictional character that she adored but now she was really a person who died in her arms.

Looking down, she could almost feel the blood on her and-

"Madam!" Lily called for her form the window.

"Yes, Lilian?"

"You haven't bandaged your neck!"

"Ah ... ." Phoebe forgot about that.

"I'll bandage it myself, dear! No worries!"

"Please take care of your self!"

"I will!"

However, she had to check up on Claude first. Knowing him-

He's drowning in alcohol to try and forget his sorrows and grief.

She reached his bedroom chambers and saw Felix looking down sadly. He nitpicks his aunt and-

"Auntie, your neck." Felix pointed, his expression worriedly looking at her.

"I'll be fine, dear. Is he .... ?" Phoebe trailed off.

"Yes." Felix nodded.

"Open the door, please."

Felix knew better than to say no, so he let her go in. Gently opening the doors, the table was filled with bottles, glass pieces broken on the ground. Claude himself was on the ground near his window, looking out to the night.

A bottle of alcohol in his hand as well.

"Claude ... ." Phoebe called out softly, avoiding the broken glass on the floor as she made her way to him.

Her son didn't look at her, however she saw the tear face. Another set of tears were running down his cheeks.

"Oh baby ... ." Phoebe sat herself on her knees and carefully took the bottle from his hands. Then held his hand instead. Her other hand reached his face and turned him to look at her.

"Hey ... I'm here, Claude ... it's fine ... it's okay, baby." Phoebe pulled him to her.

His head on her shoulder, her arms wrapping around him. Slowly, ever so slowly, Claude hugged her back. His shoulders trembling, she felt her shoulder get wet from his tears. Her hand went to his hair and tangled his hair in between her fingers.

"Let it all out, Claude ... all out."

Claude sobbed violently on her shoulder, they hugged each other tightly. Phoebe knew exactly how Claude was feelings. Losing someone you're so in love with truly shatters your soul.

Nearly an hour later, Claude was knocked out. Phoebe gently called out for Felix who answered quickly. With ease Felix held Claude and placed him on his bed.