Fever

Phoebe couldn't breathe. This exact moment happened in the manga expect she was bedridden. Claude was hurt and she wasn't there to protect him.

"You-you'll be fine, baby. I pro-promise you that." Phoebe ordered a maid to bring a physician here and as well as a doctor.

As they waited. Phoebe had Claude's head on her lap, caressing his hair gently as she tried to calm herself down. Anastacius was beside the bed and his own worry made him fidget.

"What happened?" Athanasius demanded as he marched to them. Behind him a physician, a magician and a doctor was with him. Richard was the one who instructed them what to do.

Athanasius picked up Phoebe's hand and made her stand away from Claude as the people surrounded him.

"Mommy.. ." Claude whimpered as his trembling hand tried to reach her. Phoebe choked out.

"I'm here, baby. You'll be fine." Phoebe said but it more looked like as if she was reassuring herself more. Athanasius noticed this and ran down his hands on her arm.

An hour passed and Claude was sleeping soulfully however his fever was only slowly going down. Phoebe staid by his side the whole way, holding his small hand and kept on kissing it. Mumbling prayers and sweet nothingness.

Athanasius and Anastacius were behind her as she kept on staying by Claude's bed side on her knees.

"Love, you need to rest."

"No, no, no. I\m staying here. I-I can't sleep if I'm not he-here with him." Phoebe begged.

Athanasius sighed.

"Go out, son." He said softly.

Anastacius knew what he meant behind those simply words so he hurriedly walked out of the room.

"My love. I can't let you ruin yourself like this." He placed his hand on her forearm.

"Leave me!" Phoebe snatched her arm off of his grip.

"Forgive me."

With a soft move of his hand, he hit a pressure point behind Phoebe's neck which made her immediately go limb and fall on the bed. Athanasius caught her before she fell on Claude and carried her bridal style.

Richard opened the doors for him as he stepped out. Anastacius watched his father take away his sweet mother figure away to bed.

"I'll stay with my brother." Anastacius said to his nanny.

"Then please let us change you to your sleeping robes."

"Okay, do it quickly."

The next day Phoebe thrashed at Anastacius for making her pass out forcibly just to sleep. Her screams and cries were heard throughout the palace that even Anastacius was scared to comfort her.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU CAN'T JUST DO THIS TO ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT!"

"WELL IF I DIDN'T THEN YOU'D GO ON AND ON UNTIL YOU LOSE YOURSELF!"

"I DON'T CARE! MY SON WAS IN A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE OF COURSE I CAN'T SLEEP OR EAT PROPERLY WHEN MY MIND IS AND HEART IS WORRIED FOR HIM!"

"AND YOU THINK I'M NOT?!"

"BY THE WAY YOU'VE BEEN ACTING AND DISTANCING YOURSELF FROM ME AND YOUR SONS, OF COURSE I WOULD THINK YOU'RE NOT THAT WORRIED!"

"HOW DARE YOU ASSUME THAT!"

"YOU WON'T EVEN TALK TO ME UNLESS WE SEE EACH OTHER AND ITS BY FORCE! JUST SAY YOU'RE LOSING FEELINGS FOR ME-"

Athanasius creased his fist to a wall next to him. The wall now had a whole with his own fist. His face mixed with anger and disbelief. Phoebe flinched at the sudden action he did. Her own eyes wide and worry filled her eyes but her face was also mixed with fear and disbelief.

"Yo-your hand-"

"How. DARE. You think that?" His voice was low and threatening.

Slowly walking to her with his own fist dripping blood but it seemed like it didn't bother him at all. Phoebe took steps back until her back hit the wall and now she was cornered.

Athanasius raised both his hands in Luton his bloody fist and placed it next to her head so she wouldn't escape. Phoebe's eyes were watery, her lips trembling as she refused to make any sounds.

"I ... I've been so stressed over so many things ... I know ... I know I haven't been talking to you or spend time with my sons but ... there's ... there's so much to do ... ." Athanasius said softly.

"Oh, Athanasius." Phoebe sighed. Her tears dripping down her face. She took Athanasius's bloody hands, not caring her own hands or dress was getting bloody.

Then kissed his knuckled and placed it on her forehead.

"I'm sorry ... I should've known ... you're the emperor after all ... I ... I haven't been sleeping because of so many things ... me being paranoid for the boys ... I am so sorry." Phoebe sobbed.

"Love... ." Athanasius pulled Phoebe to him and gently placed a kiss on her lips.

Swallowing her sobs. Making sure she was as close to him as possible.

Gods, he was so in love with her. Every kiss felt electric across his body and made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

"I love you-" Phoebe said out of the kiss.

"I love you too."

The two had a slow kiss and then talked it out on how to understand each other better. Later on they went off to see how Claude was doing.

They carefully opened the door to see Anastacius feeding Claude porridge. Blowing on the spoon to make it less hot then fed it to him. Phoebe wished she had her phone with  her right now.

"Hi, babies." Phoebe smiled.

"Mommy!" Claude beamed. His face a bit red but much better than he was last night. Phoebe kissed Anastacius's head.

"Thank you for taking care of him, little prince."

Anastacius's ears went red but smiled.

Phoebe then pulled Claude to her and pampered his face with kisses.

"Mommy!" Claude squealed from embarrassment.

Even though it looked like Claude didn't like it, he loves her kisses cause he's a big mama's boy.

"Thank goodness, you're alright. Oh, my baby boy."

"It's good to see you alright, son. I'm proud of you for taking care of him, Anastacius." Athanasius ruffled his hair.

"It was no problem, father." Anastacius smiled adorably.

The little family stayed in the room. Not knowing of what will come for them in the future.

The years had passed and Phoebe was sure it was getting more darker than brighter. She would find the empress and her minions harassing her son and making sure he doesn't tell anyone.

The busies on his arms, the messiness of his clothes.

"How the fuck can I kill her and get away with it?" Phoebe grit her teeth.

"Wow. The cub wants to roar." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Stop with that." Phoebe smacked his hand away from her desert.

-The reasoning for my late updates are because I'm currently working on my three stories that are out and two that are not out right now. -Also school seems to not want me to even sleep so bear with me.
-Instagram: Sunny_Fashion_Mind
-I might draw little comics there.
-if you want to follow, I'll cherish you!
-comments? I read them and they make my day.
-vote? Plz do 😭