Unprepared

The empress was fuming. Words can't describe how furious she was. Throwing objects to the wall, breaking vases, glasses, gold and her furniture. Her spies and loyal servants were silent, some were frozen in fear and others were prepared for what ever will come to them.

"HOW is that whore awake?! That poison should've kept her in a coma for MONTHS! KURTIS!"

"Your majesty, it shocked all of us when we heard that woman woke up without being given the antidote. We suspect a powerful wizard brought her back from coma."

"WHO is powerful enough to do such an act?!"

"We don't know since the person is an anonymous to us and even the emperor himself."

"Hah? Even him? So there's such a powerful person in the kingdoms, huh? ... go search for this 'anonymous' person. Find every wizard and test them."

"And if they ask why?"

"Lie to them about a scholarship or a support from the royal family. Anything will do. Find me that person, IMMEDIATELY."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Soon, Emperor Athanasius. You will bow down on your knees before me and beg for mercy. Soon."

Phoebe was had twice the amount of guards and maids from before. All sworn loyalty to her and if every betrayal, Athanasius himself will cut out their limbs and organs one by one.

It was suffocating to Phoebe, everyone was cautious and almost every single thing that is given to her is greatly inspected. If suspicious, they will throw it away.

Not to mention Richard hired two ex-assassins/spies as her personal guards made her shiver. Fucking ex assassins/spies. Thanks Richard.

Claude and Anastacius were stuck to her as if someone super glued them to her sides. Don't Starr about Athanasius, he watched over her like a hawk preying on its prey.

Phoebe knew the empress was the one who had poisoned her. Now the fact she was, miraculously, awakened without any cure or antidote. She knows the empress will have another plan.

However, what took over her mind wasn't the empress but-

Why was Lucas there? Wasn't he supposed to be 'asleep' until Athanasia meet him when she found Blacky? So why ... .

Could he have been awake and only slept for real when he met Athanasia? But that wouldn't make sense because Lucas could've stopped Aeternitas from possessing Anastacius.

"This doesn't make any sense." Phoebe muttered under her breathe. Biting her nails as Claude tried to get her attention by pulling her dress.

"Yes, hun?"

"Up, up."

"Alright." Phoebe picked him up and placed him on her hips, brushing his bangs aside to kiss his forehead.

"Mommy sad?"

"No, baby. Mommy's fine."

"Otay."

Phoebe held Claude tightly. She was worried. She was heavily concerned on how much she changed the story.

The original plot line was for her to be weak after Claude was born, cast aside from the emperor and forgotten. Claude being bullied by the empires and years later Anastacius would steal his fiancé and kill her.

At this point she has no idea how the future will become. Someway she has to find Lucas and do her own research. So she took it upon herself and every night she would sneak out of the palace and into the forest.

For the first few nights it was noting out of the ordinary, un til she had o map out the forest and find the tower from books. So after 13 days, she found a large tower from a distance.

With hope, she marked a tree and drew the way she walked to it, so she can come back to it.

"Okay. Tonight. Will be successful." Phoebe said to herself as she placed away her stuff in the back of her book shelf. Going back to her room, she sat down and let her mind take over her.

Overthinking was always something Phoebe wished she could get rid of. Her mind would keep her awake, keep her away from reality. Questions, answers, different versions of actions she's done in the past, cringe moments, basic shit.

It's so bad to the point she couldn't sleep at night.

Stirring around. Trying to find a comfortable spot, her mind making her go crazy. If only she could make her inner voice go quiet.

"Phoebe?" Athanasius mumbled. His arms wrapped around her in their bed. She froze and tried to act as if she was asleep but she failed.

"Is something wrong, love?" He kissed her shoulder, rubbing her sides.

"I-I really can't sleep." Phoebe admitted. Turning to face Athanasius.

Athanasius sighed, brushing her hair from her face. Kissing her on the lips and pulling her closer. Phoebe sighed. It would be hard to get out of bed without any suspicions.

"Athan ... I'll go walk around. Ill take the guards if it'll make you feel better." She kissed his cheek. Athan frowned.

"Darling, do you need-"

"Athanasius." Pheobe sighed. He didn't finish.

"It's my mind I ... I can't sleep with my mind being awake. I'll have to exhaust my mind before coming back. Okay?"

"... don't walk off too far."

"Okay."

Phoebe stood up, grabbing her robe and wrapping it around herself. Leaving the room and pretend she talked tp the guards. Immediately she ran to her own room and grabbed her papers, bags and stuff. Tying her hair in a pony tail and leaving the palace grounds and here she comes. Walking into the forest.

Using the mana she learned from her teachers, she formed a light in her palm. Using it to light her way around. After a good hour, she found the tree she marked and sighed in relief.

"God, why is life being so difficult." She groaned. From now her on her journey was unexplored. Now she didn't know what to expect but she's prepared well enough-

Well, she HOPES she's well prepared.

A bear roars from behind her.

"I AM NOT PREPARED! SHIT!"

Well she's definitely not prepared.
Vote, comment, follow for more!